1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the lord decided that i needed a thatta gurl, pat on the back ,,a keep it up

as you all know , i donate pups as often as the needs arise and i can afford to
to special organizations that train for service, therapy

I have worked with CArolina Canines in NC ,their program is one of the best and the directors are just a blessing to everyone, their hearts are in the right place and they try hard to help others in need no matter what

a couple of years ago i donated several pups to them
one of which was Gabe, a black Labradoodle
Gabe is a specailly trained service dog for a injured solider that was injured in IRAQ
GABE went to him in January,

Tonite i got a application from a nurse that Gabes dad was HER patient, here is a exerpt from her application

I was reviewing your references and came across the one from Pat Nowac with the Carolina Canines and the photo of Gabe. I know the soldier who recieved Gabe, he was a patient of mine. I have had the pleasure of meeting Gabe and he is a delight, I also can not tell you how wonderful it was to see my soldier doing so very well and looking so healthy. Anyway, I thought you would appreciate that story, it truly is a small world!
Needless to say i cried, and i cried

THIS is why i do what i do,,This is the reason i have no time for anything but my dogs and puppies
THIS is why god choose to let me live when i could have died in January
Doodles are my destiny!!!!

I work my butt off , Im tired, Im sick, i keep going, why??
not for the money,, lord right now im broke,,
NO ...its for A letter like this,
a Doodlesville Doodle doing the JOB that i orginally bred them to do,,,
Im so proud i could just burst!!!
:D

·
Registered
398 Posts
That is so awesome. I can tell how dedicated you are to your puppies from your posts. Everyone needs an attaboy now and then.

What a great heartwarming story. :)

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Oh Nancy...a well deserved "atta girl"..and what a blessing to know what your life's work is, to enjoy it and then to know it is so valued :wink:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
((((((((((nancy))))))))))))))))) thanks for sharing such a heartwarming letter you recieved.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Everyone,

This truly did make my day,
I was exhausted, we sleep with the pups fro the first 2 weeks and just had a litter of 12 ,,, I couldnt see straight,, then i got this and man ,,,that did it ,,energy renewed :)

As u know the last few months have been a challenge for me,
and not to long from now, i have to go back in for surgery, Im getting nervous but Im sure it will all be just fine,
In may i wont be posting a whole lot , but know you are in in my thoughts

Please keep me in your prayers :)

·
Registered
523 Posts
Way to go Nan!! Boyd, Jim and I will have you in our thoughts and prayers!!!

Special hugs from Boyd!

·
Registered
5 Posts
How incredible! I'm sure it really warms your heart to know that your pups can go on to do such incredible things for people who are really in need of the kind of love and companionship that only a dog can give.

Thank you for sharing that!

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Wow Nancy, what a wonderful story! Congratulations!

We wish you the best with your present litter of puppies and will be thinking of you when you have your next surgery! Hugs, woofs and licks from Cali and me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts