Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to pick Chloe up at 5:30 this afternoon. The trainer said that he would work with us as long as needed to be sure that I knew all of the commands and how to continue her training at home.

I am hoping that this is finally the solution that fixes the past problems with Chloe. As many of you know, I have struggled with the decision to keep her on more than one occassion. We have had a rough relationship up to this point and I really hope that we will now be able to bond.

I will update you guys as soon as I get home and hopefully I will have some pics to share. :lol:

Hope everyone has a doodlerrific day!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
(((((Autumn)))))))))))))))))
can't wait to hear all about it and if you can post pics later too
you must be excited to be having Chloe back home again :D

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Awwww, I'm hoping for the best possible outcome Autumn!

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
I'm so HAPPY for you!! Keep us posted!!!

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
O you have to be sooo excited - I hope chloe did ok with away training

good luck and post pics when you get her home, we have missed you guys, I bet Chase is gonna wonder what is going on when Chloe reappears :wink:

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
annabelles mom said:

good luck and post pics when you get her home, we have missed you guys, I bet Chase is gonna wonder what is going on when Chloe reappears :wink:
LOL! Yes, Chase is going to be one unhappy brown dog tonight!

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
turtleaut said:
annabelles mom said:

LOL! Yes, Chase is going to be one unhappy brown dog tonight!
Hmmmmmmmmm - maybe you should stop at mcdonalds on the way home and get Chase a hamburger (plain) or dish of icecream :wink:

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Oh I'm so excited for you! The waiting would have killed me!

Happy reunion!!

Can't wait to hear all about it and see pictures! :D

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, there is good news and not so good news. The good news is that Chloe has learned alot and was very good with the trainer. Not so great with me but as he said, it will take alot of reestablishing my dominance...or getting dominance which I never had with her.

After getting home and thinking about everything, I just still do not think that Chloe and I are a good fit. While it makes me sad, I know that in the end I will be much happier knowing that Chloe is with a family that better fits her. Ever since she was a puppy, I have thought that she needs a little boy or girl...she just seems like a dog that would love to be around kids. I have struggled and struggled with this for almost a year now and the table always seems to turn this direction. I am the type of person who does not like to give up on something which is why I turned to a trainer but I am now realizing that you sometimes just have to accept defeat and understand that not all things are meant to be. I do not understand why Chloe and I never could bond, but it is just something that I can no longer keep trying to force.

After reading AnnMarie's post regarding Beau, I feel a little better knowing that there are all types of situations that arise and that I am not a "bad mother" (although I feel that way at the moment).

I am writing this with tears because I know how hard it will be to part with Chloe, but I also know that it is not fair to her to be with a family that isn't able to provide 100% commitment, love and happiness to her. :cry: :cry: :cry:

I am going to advertise her locally through our vet's. I also have a girl at work who might be interested but if you guys know of anyone, please PM me. She will be free to a good home but I am not advertising her as free outside of this forum.

Thank you all so much for your advice over the past few months! I know that Chloe's future will be filled with lots of love and happiness at a forever home.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts