Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
but I am not all that confident he will be included with his graduating class. :oops: He is not reliable with his "Stay" so we shall see.

Even if he doesn't perform at school he has Graduated with Honors as Boy's Best Friend.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the kind comments about the picture. I love it too.

Well, they don't give a test for Puppy Kindergarten so......

Here is Copper the graduate and his family. :D I know it looks like Jason is trying to get away but he is really trying to squeeze in for the picture. :lol:

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Hahahahaha!!! This must be a "no dog left behind" kind of school!

Isn't this the most wonderful family portrait???

I could not be happier for Copper...he is so loved...these pictures and his graduation are very special to me. :D

Vicky...you are the best!!

By the way, Vicky...I really think that you should submit that black and white photo to some contest or magazine...it is a winner! Jason is so adorable and he and Copper are very sweet together!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I apologize to you all for not getting a chance to post more often.

Thank you all for your comments. I am not sure I could submit the photo of my son and Copper into a photo contest. I would not feel comfortable sharing such a special/personal moment with strangers. I posted it for you folks because I had already shared my heartache for my son and his anxiety woes. It does look as though he has finally found a friend though, doesn't it. :D

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Vicky, that was my first thought...looks like Copper and Jason are fast friends...and that is such a special bond for any boy...but for Jason, I am all the more excited!
For you folks on the forum...I was honored to meet Vicky, her husband and her two sons...fabulous family! Lifetime friendships are forged on this forum! :D

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Aw shucks Jac, :oops: Thank you.

I hold in a special place the memory of picking up Copper and meeting Jac and her husband. It was a beautiful day, smooth flight, wonderful visit, and a crowded plane on the flight home. If any of you are ever lucky enough to get one of Jac's puppies you need to remember to keep room for all the stuff you are going to come home with. :wink:

I have also had the pleasure to meet Maureen and her son. Another memory of a wonderful visit with wonderful people. Thank you Maureen for taking the time to stop and say hello.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Vicky
Thank you for sharing your beautiful photos. I understand how you feel about your son and his best friend photo but please understand our gushing--it captures such a wonderful moment!

As for puppy school, on the second to last class, Dakota humiliated me--I got home that night, poured a glass of wine and glared at my boy! He literally dragged me through the aisles of PetsMart on his loose lead exercise, and wouldn't do anything else for me either--sit, down, etc (although he would do ANYTHING for Steve, his instructor). :evil: That week we bought the gentle leader and I worked diligently with him (he understands everything; it's just those obstinate pre-teen issues)! On graduation night, he was the star of his class. There is hope for them!! We begin intemediate Monday night so wish me luck and, mostly, patience! :wink:
Diane (and Dakota)

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I use the Easy Walk harness on both Copper and Jett. Copper walks nice on the leash but I got it for him so Jason could walk him with the same results. :wink: Jett wasn't terrible but she was used to being allowed the freedom of a flexi-leash so she didn't walk near you. With the harness she does and I can walk them together without Copper wondering why Jett gets to be way out in front of us.

Good luck at your Intermediate Class. I need to get Copper a little better at his stays before I will attempt it. :D

I had Copper at the vet today to get his weight for his Frontline this month. Everyone commented on how well behaved he is. He sat for everyone that wanted to pet him. One customer commented that Copper was "Spectacular." I was so proud of him.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
WONDERFUL sharing, from heartfelt moments to fabulous pictures!
Vicky it was a thrill to meet you too... and that trip is something that Sam and I will share forever. And you know we have loved having Bandit nearby, and can't wait for him to be a dad someday. :wink:

I'm so THRILLED that you have added Copper to your family, and that he has such a great bond with Jason. What a blessing! If I ever get close enough to have another rendezvous - even if it's in another parking lot - I definitely would do it...and if your hubby's ever laid over at DEN tell him to call! :D

Isn't it great that not all internet connections are suspicious?!
I know there are unsafe websites out there but this one is
pure GOLD

1 - 16 of 16 Posts