Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You have to picture it: One large, disobedient doodle... one runny left eye and one 2.5 foot tall stuffed moose all come crashing in to the poor vet's office on the only "late office hours" night. The lobby is packed. A young mother and her small son are holding two Australian Shepherd pups. An older (lots older) gentleman has a well-mannered beagle calmly sitting on his lap. A father and son have a brand new poodle pup and three family's wait with SOMETHING in their crates. In comes the Tobster with his Mr. Moose in his mouth......he was nervous...come on, his little eye hurt. :oops: He drug me right thru the door and put his big ole hands right up on the counter, dropped his Mr. Moose, said "OOF" and chaos erupted. The Aussies broke loose and attempted to free whatever those crates contained, the poodle climbed the boy, the beagle started to yelp as Toby introduced himself. Toby's tail never stopped wagging--he was having a grand old time---ornaments started to fling from the tree (he didn't mean to). I was completely humiliated. Every one was kind enough to laugh and thankfully the doctor just loves him.. I'm not sure we are good ambassadors for doodles in our area, but people sure are coming to know that doodles exist. :wink: I really wish we had this visit on video and you should have seen that poor vet. assistant's face when Dr. H. said, "we'll be happy to bathe him for you, bring him any time."

·
Registered
146 Posts
too funny! I had a similar experience with my kids the first day we visited the vet. It was just one of those days when I had the children out all day, etc. I was so humbled that day. Thanks for sharing.

G

·
Hilarious! Thank you for sharing this...I can just imagine it! Don't you wish you carried a video camera with you at all times? Toooooo funny! -Jac

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It felt like a cartoon!! My mother was 40 yrs old when I was born....I tell her all the time that I think I now know how she felt to be that age with an active toddler.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I was just catching up on all the doodle activities and had just read the report about Daisy (so sad) and was really tearing up and then I read this. The tears have stopped and I started to laugh out loud - good thing I work from home! I could see Cinnamon doing this as a pup and I think that's why all of us can see this happening. Thanks for sharing!

G

·
Great story! Love the "oof" and flying ornaments. You know there was not a mean thought in Toby's head.....they are SO lovable!

·
Registered
118 Posts
The sad thing is, I can TOTALLY picture it!! Abbie has had several visits like that- not quite as "fun" but close!! :lol:

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I so love my little man. Every trip is an adventure. We are going to stay in a motel this week-end. Won't they be happy to see us? :roll: Last time we did that they were having a chinchilla show there. Can you imagine how nervous I was every time I took him out---I could just envision many scattered high $$ chinchillas.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts