Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a potential headline that could have been! I can hear it now!

"This just in. Witnesses report Labradoodles have overrun Toad Hollow Park. Details at 11:00."

The romp was a lot of fun, as expected! It was great seeing friends, both two legged and four legged! It was also fun to actually meet some of our "online Labradoodle family" and their babies!

After Annmarie's pretty "pleeeeease," I took lots of pics and uploaded most to photobucket. If someone can advise me on how to give everyone this site access to my photobucket album, I will gladly do it. In the mean time, I'm posting some of the better pics for you.

Dakota checking out the other dogs.

Copper's magnificent locks!

Copper meets sister Abby!

Handsome Pippin catches some shade!

Big red Brody was adopted as a tiny pup. His mother was a Golden so his owner assumed he was a Golden also. This is what he grew up to look like. Whether or not he actually is, we all decided to make him an "honorary" Goldendoodle!

Abby, Copper and Dakota peeking in!

Cutie bug Abby!

Everybody romping!

Dakota on the move!

Terry, Abby and friend.

A closer look at those curls!

Pippin showing off his Doodle smarts--still in the shade!!

Just mingling!

Dakota and friend.

Ball time! You can bet Dakota's out there somewhere!

Abby gets a pat from Vicky!

This pic says it all--time to go home!!! :lol: :lol:

And for those of you that still need more, here's my best attempt at a slideshow! You can enlarge, stop, and do other things to the pics with your curser. Annmarie, I worked like a German Shepard to put all of this together and now, I plan to go back to my cocker self and mellow out! (See what you started!)

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
hahahhahaa Gooooooooood girl posting those pics!!! you deserve a treat hahhahahaaa want a Klondike bar? i've got 2 left :wink:

thankkkkkkkkk youuuuuuuuuu so much!!!! wow did i ever get a major doodle fix. And Brody does look like a goldendoodle , love his red color too. Peanut has the same type of coat as Brody and build too

All the doodles look beautiful...you took some really nice pictures. And it was nice of you to post them as i know it took some time to do this...thanks again! :D

Diane...you can do one of two things to post your photobucket site

1. Go to your site , highlight the address andhit control C then come back here type in your reply and hit control v and the link will show

2. Go to your profile here on the forum and put the link in your signature box area and click submit then your photobucket site shows all the time like mine does

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
We're jealous....looks like lot's of fun. All we got was a bath.....our Dad's mean and boring!!

Jonah and Miko

Thanks so much for the great pictures. Looks like a good time was had by all....both 2 and 4 leggers!! :lol:

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Wonderful pictures for my Monday morning!!! Thanks!

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Looks like you all couldn't have had a better time. Thanks for taking the time to post all of those photos!!

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Wowie! I wish I could have been 2 places at once!!! I would have loved brining my dogs to the romp...but as it turned out, I took a trip to southern CA to attend the graduation at the Guide Dogs of America...boy, I had a great time there too!
I have just downloaded pictures....I'll post them as soon a I can transfer them to photobucket!
I was able to spend a lovely evening with Yasmin, one of our guide dogs in training, and with Deb (from this forum...it was great to meet her!) and two of her adorable pups...not many pics of that event because it was dark, but I did get a cute pic of Deb and a pup...I'll post on the "owner with dogs" thread.
Then on Saturday, sweet Kari went to a great deal of work to arrange a place for me to meet, play with, and love on two of my other pups, Pepper (of course) and Max, my very first litter, my very first service dog...and Copper's full sibling. (Look for pics of Max and compare to darling Copper...you'll be surprised!)
We were joined by Michelle (Max's owner) and Dee (who is a lurker on this forum, and active at the Doodle Zoo)...she brought her little teddy-bear looking Kinnie!
Sunday was the graduation, what an amazing event...I cried, I laughed, I was in total awe of the people and dogs...I also saw another one of my pups in GDA training, Yoda!
And, finally, I discovered who has my "unaccounted" puppy...one I donated and never knew where he went or who he was with...well, he was found! I didn't get to see him this time, but now I will be in contact with his puppy raiser too! Whew!
So, you see, I did have a good reason for skipping the Davis Romp...but next time for sure!
I am sorry that I missed Copper, Abby and Dakota! (Great pics though, Diane, thanks!)

·
Registered
207 Posts
Diane, it was so good to see you, dh, and Dakota again! Thank you for taking and posting all the pictures!

We almost weren't going to make it but I am so glad we did. We were able to meet Lisa with Pippin and Terry with sweet Abby. Abby is soooo soft. I also got a chance to visit with a friend from the Zoo, Barbinca.

A good time was had by all my gang. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Now...I am confused...who does Pippin belong to??? Which Lisa?
Sorry...but I need more info, Pippin is an adorable doodle, but a connection to Lisa is not making it in my brain! LOL
I love Pippin...looks so much like some of my dogs!
And...Diane, Dakota has been an honorary member of the Back Porch gang since day one...he IS family! :D
I am so happy, Terry, that you were able to join them and meet some of these great dogs and families! Little Abby is getting prettier every day!!!

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
:lol: :lol: Thanks, Jac--Dakota already made up his mind that he somehow fit into Rosie's family! :lol:

See the thread "Introducing Merry and Pippin." Lisa is relatively new to this site--Lisa, sorry for talking about you like you weren't here! :oops:

She has the handsome boy Pippin and Merry who couldn't join us at the romp 'cause she is a sill a youngin' of 4 months!

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Okay, thanks, Diane! I found the thread, the darling pictures and all of the teasing for Gene! hahahaha
I am slow on the uptake sometimes...well, more often than not!
Say, speaking of slow on the uptake...I got tired of my one avatar picture and deleted it and tried to replace it, but now I can't download any!
I keep getting messages that they have to be less than 16 whatevers...and I don't find the whatevers in the resizing...so, I am pictureless!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Thanks for the great pics Diane! It was great meeting you and everyone that showed up. Abby had a great time running around, even when she was chased by 4 dogs :shock: Luckily, she is a smart one and when she got to the fence she went belly up immediately with all dogs sniffing her :oops: Of course, I started running towards her and the dogs licked their chops while they moved along (2 weren't doodles and a little aggressive so they left right after that incident) I have to admit I had a little anxiety watching it unfold, but she handled it with total grace and I didn't piddle my panties :shock:

Jac you may get a call from a couple because they fell in love with Abby and asked if I was going to breed her so I gave them your info.

I loved Dakota, Copper and Pippin - oh my, what a group of beauties :p I hope there is another romp soon!

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Wow, Terry! I totally missed that scene with Abby. Or maybe you did tell me about it and I thought it was at another dog park at some earlier time. Well. I'm glad Abby used her Doodle smarts and out-witted her aggressors! Sierra Vista has a Toad Hollow Labradoodle Romp every 3 months or so--weather pending. In fact, the next romp should be in Oct which should, hopefully be much better weather. Jacque and I have also talked about rotating romp locations for those that have a long commute to Davis. I'm sure we could get a good turnout wherever we go, especially if we don't try to have it near the same time as the Sierra Vista romp.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts