Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems that a lot of us on this forum have pups under a year old. Is there anybody that can tell me what I can expect as Boyd reaches a year and beyond? What are your doods like at 2 years, 3 years, etc?

Just curious! :lol:

·
Registered
689 Posts
Chester is 2 1/2 he's on the mellower side but has kept his puppyness about him. He still does things to make us laugh.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ruby will be 2 Jan 16. Yesterday she ate 5 uncooked cookies off of the cookie sheet my wife had sitting on the table. I guess I'm still waiting for her to "mellow out". She knows what she shouldn't do, but does it anyway, more so to my wife than me. Just like our kids when they were
adolescents.

Russ

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Oooh, at two years of age, my girls became soooooo good! The know what I want them to do, they have learned my weird commands, like, "go play" or "go lay down"...and if I put my hand in the air, they know to leave me alone! And in the morning, they watch for me to wake up...then they come and lick me, but if I put my head under the covers or my hand up, they leave me alone! Then when I say, "should we get up?" they all get excited and jump off the bed and run for the door!
They are just so smart...they pick up things that you don't even know you have taught them.
You will LOVE it!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Sadie is 14 months now and has calmed down quite a bit. Although she still loves nothing better than a wild romp and can race around in circles faster than ever. But she does that at more appropriate times, like off leash at the park or beach. The thing I have noticed the most as she matures is that she has a better sense of what type of behaviour is appropriate, and when.

I would love to channel her energy and willingness to please into something like agility training. Have any other doodle owners tried agility with their dogs, and if so, at what age?

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Cinnamon turned 2 in November. I have noticed a lot of mellowing in her. She doesn't go nuts when someone comes over, she knows to obey even when she doesn't want to. We've never had the problem with her that I've heard from others in this forum, stealing food off counters & tables. We've never fed her any "people food" so she doesn't know how good it is! she will go scavaging on the kitchen floor once in a while, but she gets nothing off the table, from people or in her food bowl execpt her food. She does like her routine though. If we don't do it "right" then she lets us know it's not right and to fix it! :wink:

·
Registered
279 Posts
I have George and Gracie, who are littermates and now 17 months old. They have passed the impossible stage, though they still have their crazy moments. They are very tuned into everything we do now, so routines are all really solid. They still get very excited (jumping up and barking) when someone comes to the house. They still occasionally sneak something off the countertop....but not food... They both regularly "drop" on command, but they will try to sneak outside with a sock they stole and they know how to hide it. (So we regularly tell them to "drop" before going outside.) The important part though is that they are both completely different and have acquired these skills at different rates. So, just like kids, I would say they grow up no matter what you do. You can't predict exactly when, but the general trend keeps moving along. At the current rate I'd say, by the time they're two, they'll be dependable and mellow, but still full of energy and fun. Oh, and they still chew constantly, but they now (only recently)reliably chew on their own stuff, not mine!

·
Registered
294 Posts
I love reading about the older doodles, and what we have to look forward to. At the moment our Doodle is so naughty at times and I still laugh at him as he is really funny. Another year should do it I hope.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts