Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
KGarro,
Thanks so much for asking.
Montana is doing better. Her milk is almost gone, her frantic carrying on to get at the real pups has greatly decreased. She's still picking at the spot on her hip that she's been chewing on, so it's gotten large and ugly but it's pink and healthy looking skin, not at all seepy or infected. I'm sure it would go away if she'd just stop pulling at it.

She still has her stuffed baby that she carries around and lays with.
I plan to spay her before her or Canada come into season again if I can't rehome her before then. I want to make sure she never has to go through this again. It was too hard on both of us. ;)

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm so glad to hear she's doing better. Her story broke my heart, the poor girl.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Mary, they're doing great! They are 3 weeks old today.

They've learned to associate me with food, so come waddling at the sound of my voice crying for something to eat. All 12 are eating well from the dish. Canada is obviously very happy to see the pups starting to eat from a dish, and as her treat for waiting while they eat, I've been giving her what they didn't eat... and she gobbles it down happily.

The pups are all round and exploring their new home. We moved them out to the doggy duplex with the 32' x32' run so they're discovering grass, and are able to go in and out at will. They're outside now most of the time and seem to love it. If it gets cold or rains, we take them in, but as long as the weather's nice it's good for them to get fresh air and sunshine.

They're starting to crawl in my lap when I sit on the ground with them and lick my hands and arms. I'm starting to see distinct personalities in different ones, so they're really fun to watch and interact with. They're up on their legs now and while a bit wobbly yet, they can cover some ground.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Tink, glad things are calming down for your doodle and hope it all works out well :D

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Wow, sounds like things are going so well for you and the pups and Montana and Canada! I love thiniking about the pups enjoying the outdoors! Pictures! We need pictures!

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
What's the old saying... "be careful what you ask for you might get it?" LOL

Think they're getting enough to eat? ;)

Canada trying to stay out of reach. As you can see, there are no ribs showing on this lady! She's the first dog I've had that's fed this big a litter that didn't get thin.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Oh, Tink! I just LOVE that stage! Your pups are so beautiful! Thank you for posting the pictures!
I am going to put mine on my blog page tonight...I have too many! I took a closeup of all of them last night. Had to have my hubby hold them, they wiggle too much!
So, anyone wanting to see my snuggle babies, please give me about an hour and then check my blog page!
G'nite!

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Kristen, it goes by so quickly! Really!
Hang in there...soon your dreams will be in the palm of your hand.
I admire your dedication to school...best wishes! (And any time you need a puppy fix, I think you can find one here! :D )

·
Registered
462 Posts
Thanks. I currently need all the support I can get. Although I'm a senior, I've still got 2 or 3 semesters to go- depending on what I take next semester, and then my teaching degree. I just can't wait until I can teach full time. Then I can get another puppy and a sibling for Napa!!! So currently it feels like I'm going to be in school for a very long time. PLUS, I'm also considering trying to get my masters in either education or mathematics, because I'd love to be able to teach either at a Junior College, or at a College/ University!

So, puppy fixes are definitely helpful when being a math major is very stressful!!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Tink, I too love the kissing puppy picture. Thanks great pics.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts