Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know how many golf fans are here but they just announced on
the brigstone tounament that Tiger has a new baby Labradoodle!
I knew he was a cool guy now that proves it. didn't say if it was
male or female or what color but they flew to Houston to pick it up.
Should improve his game a lot don't you think?

·
Registered
689 Posts
My mother in law is a HUGE Tiger fan. She called from Colorado to tell us about Tiger and his LD. So was very excited.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
WOW, that just proves how much class Tiger has :D :D Linda (Gracie Lou) and I have this running joke (or dream) that Oprah is going to buy one of our Doodles, wouldn't that be just too COOL 8)

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I know, she obviously has never been around a Labradoodle because I know she would have to have one :wink:

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Not a bad idea Patty :)

·
Registered
183 Posts
I don't think it would be good for Oprah to have a labradoodle. She is so influential, I would be afraid that lots of people who are completely unprepared for the high energy level of doods would go out and get one just because Oprah thinks they are great. Maybe I am just a little cynical, but I remember that a lot of dalmations ended up in shelters after people who saw 1001 Dalmations just had to get one after seeing the movie-- without really doing the research into the traits of the breed to see if the fit was right.

Ronnie

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Very good point, Ronnie. I worry about how people are clamoring for the latest trendy dog. You are so right about the plight of Dalmations. When I worked for the animal shelter, I was asked what breed of dog had the worst temperament for a family pet...and, of course, after many guesses, I was told that it is a Dalmation!

The director then told me about the sad trend caused by the Disney movie and how it put lots and lots of Dalmations in shelters after people discovered that they were not Disney dogs. Very sad.

You are right, I wish that every potential dog owner (including doodles) would investigate the breed, finding out the good and the bad traits (they all have bad traits, even doodles!) When people make informed decisions, they are more likely to make the right ones.

I believe that the biggest problem is with people who get a "cute" puppy and they believe that it will always be that cute...but when it becomes a 8 month old terror (because of lack of training and socialization and due to natural instincts) the family "disposes" of the dog.

While I know that this thread was written with great pride in our dogs, I also know that all of the people posting on this forum would agree with what you have said.

·
Registered
183 Posts
My point on Dalmations reminds me of a really horrible but also hilarious mistake I made when I had a job working at a small town newspaper. There was a family that had a litter of Dalmation pups that were deaf--from what I learned deafness is a genetic trait that some Dalmations carry. Anyway, the paper was doing an article about how wonderful these pups were and how, in the right family, they could make wonderful pets. One of my jobs at the paper was to write the headlines. Most people probably don't know this, but at least way back then, headlines were written after the paper was mocked up. So the headline was supposed to say Deaf Puppies Can Make Great Pets--I made a horrible mistake in my headline writing, and we published a headline that said "Dead Puppies Can Make Great Pets." It was just awful to open the paper and see that line. This was more than 20 years ago, and I don't think I will ever forget it. :shock:
Ronnie

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Oh Ronnie! That so soooooo funny! I have done my share of typing mistakes but that is a doozie! LOL

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I about choked on my bagel on that one :lol: Thanks for the morning chuckle :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I don't really think Oprah is the kind of person who would run around and tell everyone they must buy one of these dogs, she has never done that in the past I don't think she would, she loves animals to much. Just my thoughts.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts