Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I recently found a tick in my bathroom close to wear my dog lays. Im sure she brought it in. I am looking for advise on how keep ticks off of her. Creams, drops, collars, anything. Also advise on how to check your pets for ticks. Im used to having a short haird pug that doesnt go outside and now I own a 90lbs long haired black doddle and I keep her hair long. I can dig and dig down but with black hair, dark skin, and ticks mostly black I don't see how I am suposed to search for them without spending hours and hours doing so each night after her walk. I don't let her in brush, srubs, or wounder to fair from the sidewalk. But just walking near brush to potty she can pick them up.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Hi Drew! Welcome to the forum! You'll love it here, and can get most or all of your questions answered, because everyone here is pretty knowledgable!
We use Frontline on Molly and Raleigh...Molly is a 4 yrChocolate Lab, and
Raleigh is a 7 mo.old big black Labradoodle.....we haven't had any problems with fleas or ticks using this product once a month, which is obtainable from your vet. I suggest you give him a call....you're absolutely right! It's next to impossible to find ticks on a black dog! :shock:
Good luck!!!

·
Registered
273 Posts
We are traveling to Arkansas at the end of this week and I just picked up Advantix from my vet today. I plan on applying it tomorrow in preparation for the trip. I sure hope it works - not many fleas and ticks here near Denver.

Heather

·
Registered
183 Posts
We use Advantix on Fred--it works better than frontline because it repels ticks. I know it is hard to look for ticks on a large hairy dog, so we "look" by feeling for them--basically pet the entire dog, paying particular attention to the places ticks like best.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
i used to have 2 cats that were allergic to fleas and OMG they used to look horrible. Then i used Advantix on them and my dog and wow NO FLEAS at all

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I hate pesticide but we had no choice - I tried Dawn and the sergeants natural remedy and a few other more natural things and couldnt get them all gone, we used the frontline plus and the ticks bite and die. they shrivel up and fall off its a good thing. And of course fleas are non existent as well.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
We also use frontline. As long as I keep up the treatments, no ticks. It does take a while to kick in if you aren't a regular user, but I think it's like 12 hours or something like that. Not long, but it's not instant.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts