Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Austins hair has gotten so thick. I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of someone using thinning shears on their dogs hair? I hope thats what they are called. You know the ones the hairdresser uses to thin out our hair? I really want to try to avoid having to get him shaved.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
That's an excellent question; I'd like to hear the answer to that, too.

G

·
Jac posted about finding a great product for her dogs called a Mars Coat King. I think this tool accomplishes what thinning shears do for humans. At least the result is very similar: no apparent loss of length, just alot easier to manage and brush their coat. It is wonderful! I love it!

http://www.groomersmall.com/ck_results.htm

Amazon is carrying them now.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Adorable bunnies.....er, I mean doggies :D I use thinning shears on my thick coats and it really does help.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
wow once again my favorite: chocolate easter doodle bunnies!! mmmm yes!!! gotta love em!

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Thanks for the Easterdoodle pics! Love it. Love it, Love it.
Don't know about the grooming tools for that coat, but I've decided that until the weather gets a little dryer, Miko the mud magnet is getting shaved this weekend(yes with pictures). With Jonah I use a furminator to thin and a good hard petting to get the dust out! :wink:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
chritinadoodle....i am wondering why you couldn't thin them a bit as that is what thinning shears are for and if they're coat wouldn't end benefiting from it. i mean i had my hair thinned most of my life due to it being way to thick.

My only guess is to try it moderately on your doodles and see if it works. if it doesn't then you can always have them shaved moderately.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts