Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone. some of you know MAX had a sensitive tummy..did boiled rice and beef...then switched to Innova which produced 24/7 SBD's (phew)

OK he's on Nutro still being mixed with Innova ...anyway I got the green Puppy NUTRO bag other day, but it wasn't small bites (didn't realize till this morning)

So here Max sits , stares at his food and gives me " hey what's up with this?" look and refused to eat it :roll: . ohhhhhhh I can't believe I sat down on the floor holding his bowl up to my face hahhaa acting like I was eating it and going "ummm yeah"...needless to say when the bowl was put back down Max woofed his food down.

I am sooooo glad no one is home to see me doing this. :wink: The things we do for our doodles :p

G

·
LOL! When Boyd was about 5 months old he went through a phase where he'd actually run AWAY from his food dish. I would do the same thing.....get down on the ground with my face in the dish making all sorts of yummy sounds........ Today is a different story...... Boyd sees the food bowl in my hands and he bounces after me until I put it down.....

·
Registered
94 Posts
Sometimes I can't believe the things we do--or say to our doodles ! Louie's foot is still healing---so after exhausting every other thing we could think of to keep his foot dry and protected when he is outside--we finally went out and spent 30 dollars on "extreme weather" dog booties. I only need one of course, but now we own 4--anyway the first time I was trying to get this thing on, he is looking at me like I am nuts---all the while my husband is telling him this it what the manly dogs who are in the Itarod wear !!! It must have convinced him cuz now he waits for us to put his nice bright red bootie on before he goes out !! By the way--the booties work great to protect an injured foot and really stay on during all kinds of running and play. Kathy and Louie

·
Registered
162 Posts
That's hilarious. I can't wait to see him in the "manly" Iditarod...maybe your husband should have called it "dogly?"

LizziesMom

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks Lam i really need to ear that hhahahhaa

and itarod boy...oh yeah :lol:

·
Registered
177 Posts
MaxandMe said:
I can't believe I sat down on the floor holding his bowl up to my face hahhaa acting like I was eating it and going "ummm yeah"...needless to say when the bowl was put back down Max woofed his food down.
You're not alone, I do this all the time to get Bella to eat (she hates her food) Our friends little boys get in her crate with her when she's staying at theirs and hand feed Bella to get her to eat :lol:

She's doesn't always eat it no matter how much I pretend to :roll:

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Jonah too has the sensitive tummy and the nutro puppy helped him. we're changed over to the blue buffalo fish and sweet potato, but i'm not sure if his once again loose poopies are from it now or the soy protein milk shake he snuck the other day. i'm thinking we may need to go with the nutro Max is on. any ideas?

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
gene I know with mine I actually started with the more expensive food (solid gold and innova)and had to end with the Nutro (not that is not expensive enough but you know exactly what I am talking about!) Normally I am not a proponent of one food over another, but for my one dog this food seems to be the one. The only other I had luck with but I am thinking it was $40 for 20 pounds was from the vet and I think it was rabbit and duck (I think) science diet. It was what settled him then I found the nutro chicken rice oatmeal and here we are.

I am feeding the organic tiny little paul newman treats about 1-2 every other day or when I think about it and it doesnt seem to throw him off. :)
they do however make a treat in the same chicken rice oatmeal but I havent tried it yet, I am more a praise person lol

of course with a soy shake thrown into the mix I would wait to just make sure! you sure got a dood with ummmmm personality ;) :) 8)

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
gene ....we're doing 1/3 innova and 2/3 NUTRO
for snacks/treats I give Max the Innova Evo treats just

Max seems to digest this mixture well, no longer vomits bile and also no SBD's at my feet anymore.

well I know if he goes 100% NURTRO only --the SBD;s start again :roll: so I may buy another bag of Innova to keep mixing with NUTRO.

ok where are the days dogs could eat anything and have no ill effects? hhahahhaa ---an loud thought folks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts