Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading all the glowing reviews about Canidae dog food, I felt a little guilty for not at least trying it, so last week I ordered 12 cans of the lamb
all life stages for Tyke. (smallest order I could get from Pet Food Direct) I usually alternate mixing her Hundchen Flocken dry with either Solid Gold or Natural Balance canned foods, and thought that by adding the Canidae into the rotation, Tyke would have some variety.
I opened the can and put a little into her dry food for her to try. She walked up slowly to her bowl to inspect supper. She gave it a sniff, and looked up at me with a "WHAT THE HECK IS THAT ?????" :x look. Then she turned tail and left the kitchen! She wouldn't TOUCH the stuff! After another day of struggling with the remainder of the can, I gave up, and she is now happily scarfing down her Hundchen Flocken and Solid Gold Lamb and Barley. The rest of the cans are going to our local animal shelter tomorrow - there are going to be some very happy little strays eating some great food for the next few days, thanks to Tyke! Go figure - there is one doodle in the world who won't eat Canidae! :roll:

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Tyke, you know what you like girl !

Kim, I've never tried canidae canned, we only feed AB the kibble. I bet Tyke knew there were some sad puppies at the shelter in need of a treat and that's why she refused it

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe she would like the kibble better, but to be honest, the canned smelled wonderful - I really thought she would love it! I don't know what turned her off , but at least some good will come out of it, and Tyke can make her first donation to the SPCA!!I'll bet those poor puppies will love it!!!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
ahhahaaaaaaa that is funny!!! go figure!

Tyke is a little pistol :wink: and now some shelter puppies will get some awesome food :D

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Tyke knows what she likes. And that is ok. But that is great of you to give that canned food to the shelter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts