Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maggie is SUCH a great dog - I can't wait to see what she is like when this stupid cast comes off! We will find out today when that will be when we visit the vet at 3:40. Keep your fingers crossed that it isn't too expensive... I'm afraid they will want x-rays again and that is $$$ around here!

All I need is a red doodle and I'll have a rainbow! Tucker (beagle mix) happily fills in as the red for now... They LOVE that my gate broke and they can see through the temporary gate to see!

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
oh they are just so cute! I hope her cast comes off soon...then again it doesn't appear to be bothering her too much.

Sooooo.........do you think you'll consider making her your 3rd or is this strictly a foster situation?

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
They look so cute standing shoulder to shoulder. It looks like Iris has overcomer her fear of the cast.

I hope you get good news from the X-ray. It looks like we might have a new threesome on the forum.......... :wink:

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Vet update.... The splint Maggie was wearing was useless - she is still at the vet now sedated and being casted. The vet said had she even stepped wrong it would have snapped her other bone (I can't remember if it was her radius or ulna that broke, but the other bone was the only thing supporting it - not the splint). So for the next 3 weeks she will be sedated and crated.

Poor thing :(

And as far as me keeping her, either Jeff or I would love to make her permanent, but I don't know if we will be allowed to. Jeff still wants first dibs if they'll let him (I hope so, she is head over heels in love with him). If not, I will put my application in, because I'm in love with HER. Of course if Jeff takes her then I will be free to continue fostering which I didn't expect to love doing, but I do...

So we will see!

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
OMG poor sweetie, thank God she didnt step wrong. I hope it works out that Jeff is able to adopt her, you both seem to love your doggies soooo much, she would have a wonderful home with either of you

prayers and puppy hugs

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just need to whine for Mags for a sec... she is soooo unhappy being cooped up. I hate drugging her, but I have to or else she is miserable and consequently so are my neighbors if heaven forbid I have to leave the house for a few minutes.... :shock: woof.

One day down, 14 to go until her next vet visit...

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
awwhhh...poor Maggie!!!

I hope they let Jeff or you keep her :) It would certainly make for a easier transition since she's already familiar with you :)

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
ohhhhhhhhh pooooooor Maggie!!! i sure hope she heals quicker than expected and thank heavens she's with you getting lots of love

would be nice if Jeff can get her or you can

1 - 16 of 16 Posts