Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, on Wednesday evening, I went to our first training class....
no dogs,yet ....owners/handlers only.
I was to meet one of my sons and his girlfriend and my husband for dinner afterwards. When I met them at the restaurant.....Steve asked me if the big bottle of Tums was new, or old....that there were only three left!! (yes, brand new bottle!! ) :shock:
I had put Coco in the crate before I left the house....apparently my son, (18,) came home and got her out, forgetting to put her back in the crate when he left to meet us at the restaurant. :evil:
My husband had swung by the house first and found the nearly empty bottle and a dog on the loose...... :shock:
Coco had gotten into the bathroom and counter surfed into the sack from the store sitting there.
STARVING.....
we had to leave the restaurant immediately and go see about her!!

I called the Emergency Vet as we zoomed home to find her just fine ~asleep in her crate. :oops:
I gave her 1-1/2 tbs. of hydrogen peroxide and she threw up a huge pile of foamy tums.
I was relieved, though the vet said she didn't think it would hurt her really.
I think 91 Tums is too many for anybody...let alone my sweet, nosy, thief. :shock: :shock: :shock:
It did worry me at first.....and she wasn't too happy with me for awhile after dosing her with the peroxide. :evil:
By morning she was back to normal, 8)
( meaning she could eat and drink again. I had been advised to remove her food and water for the night. )

Philip, the forgetful, begged for forgiveness for not putting her back in her " room" and Coco seems less eager to snoop on the counters lately. :? Bet if I put a roast up there..... that all would change! :roll:

Here she is.....doesn't she look innocent?
She looked pretty sick the other evening.....so sad. :cry:

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
I used to get heartburn bad enough that I thought I NEEDED 91 tums..but...

Sorry about Cocoa, she's thinking yummy treat, then mom washes it down with icky stuff....yuck!

Glad she's better and a little less curious....for the day at least.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
oh.........poor baby...i am soooooo glad she's okay.
and is your son okay too? hahhahaa

that is such and adorable pic too!

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Wow, I'm glad it turned out OK...must have been a scary moment for you all. ..

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Oh no, poor pup! That hydrogen peroxide couldn't have tasted good going down or coming up. You think she learned her lesson?

Hugs and belly rubs to Coco!

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welllll, as far as learning her lesson........it remains to be seen. Seems like she may have a clue now that not everything is good to devour.
:lol: :lol: I can laugh about it now!

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Oh I am so happy that the tums are out!!!
It is scary that they can get into bad stuff so easily.
I am forever on a rampage about people in my house, making sure all the bad stuff is put away with the lids closed really good.
Good Mom you are to run home to your baby. :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Wow, Jane! What a nightmare!
I think it was great that you all left the restaurant to go to Coco...she is really a beautiful girl...and she looks sooooooo innocent...are you SURE she could have been involved in this counter-surfing caper???
Poor thing. Those tums must have tasted pretty darned good to her!
So glad that the story came together as it did and you hubby let you know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts