Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I try to be fair to my two doodles and give them equal treats but somehow the other guy's treat is always better. Today I gave them both a small rawhide chew. Usually Lucky tries to steal Charlie's so I put up the kitchen gate. Each sat next to the gate with their rawhide and watched the other. Lucky didn't even touch his. THEN after half a hour, I put the gate down and Lucky rushed to get Charlie's rawhide. Now Charlie has Lucky's. They are sitting side by side chewing but I know in a few minutes they will have to trade again.

I really don't get it. :?

What I do know is that chewing is better than wild jumping and crazy play which is what we had before the rawhides came out. It is really cold here and I'm not looking forward to our long walk. I just checked: 15 with a -5 windchill.

Deb

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So it's not just us! Lucky is the greedy one here but he is better about the barking and carrying on. And, yes, he would definitely take both treats if he could get away with it. I've pried many things out of his mouth to give back to Charlie and I make sure he knows I am the treat boss.

What struck me as bizarre today was that Lucky wasn't remotely interested in his own treat while the gate was up. He only wanted Charlie's. :roll:

Deb

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Dexter and Kirby do the exact same thing. They can have 2 identical toys and one will go steal the other's. I think they're like children :)

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
I have your answer folks: every see kids play? same thing!!
it's called MY Favorite TOY....and it isn't their favorite toy till someone else has it hahhahaaaaaaa

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, it doesn't even matter what it is. When the dogs play outside, the favorite game is grab something and run and, hopefully, get chased. Charlie and Lucky must have spent half an hour chasing around with an old stick getting passed back and forth between them.

Sometimes just watching them exhausts me.

Deb

·
Registered
985 Posts
Chouette did the same thing with a visiting chocolate lab. He was our neighbor's dog and kept wandering over, so we'd put him in the pen to curb his wanderlust and then call his mistress. The last time he was here I gave him a Mother Hubbard dog biscuit to make up to him for penning him, and then I put Chouette in to play with him. Normally she'll turn her nose up at those biscuits; they just don't excite her. But when Cricket had one she kept after him until she got it from him and ate every scrap. I snuck Cricket another treat whilst she was chomping! What a mean Chouette!

Leslie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts