Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my wife and five year old daughter managed to convince me to get a dog.

Looked around a made the mistake of "having a Look."

Needless to say, we now have a three year old female Labradoodle lying on the floor in front of me.

So far not a peep. Nervous poop in my beloved truck on the way home (way to impress me...haha.) She is red a curly haired, VERY mellow. Obviously never seen stairs.

Now she was used for breeding, she had three litters, House trained but other than that no other training as far as I can tell.

We'll see how we make out over the next couple of days. We have her crate and some food, next step is the groomer and vet to make sure everything is good.

So far she is very mellow, not too sure what games or play activities she enjoys if any,

any suggestions?

G

·
Maya loves to play with other dogs and playing fetch with a ball or frisbee. Maya also enjoys training as she gets lots of treats!!!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Look out for those redheads!

She's probably a gerl ready for some "dad" fun -- silent rides in the truck with a few winks .... maybe some .... water near by? (oh.... do we have to tell mom)?

All a doodle looks for is a good companion that loves, protects, and takes care of basic needs. If you got a previous mom -- she's probably cream of the crop. Just give her some time and patience -- it's a new life. Careful though...... that "retriever" part of the doodle will steal your heart.

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Welcome Gowyn

Congratulations on your new little girl, have you named her yet? and be sure to post some pictures

I'm sure it will take her a little bit to get use to her new home and new family, just give her lotss of love, I'm sure she will settle in very nicely, sounds like you all lots of love to give her

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Cacao loves to play Fetch, loves to chew on bones, naps. And tug of war is played at least two times a day. But mostly just love to be with you. Cacao has her moments were she will run around (we call those Doodle 500) then a nap.

Just give her some time to get to know you and yours. Labradoodles are full of love and dogie kisses. Enjoy. Welcome to the doodle family.

·
Registered
70 Posts
welcome! dont worry you wont regret it!
as for her being mellow-make the most of it :lol: a good romp in a wood or beach will probably be considered fun in her point of view

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
congrats Gowyn and welcome

what's your new girl's name? or you still having fun naming her?

give her a little bit of time and she love you all soooooooo much and show her humorous side as well

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
It might take a while, but she'll come around. My Cinnamon is very mellow, too but that's ok. At 3 yrs old, she still LOVES to play fetch, frisbees or balls, it doesn't matter. Even sticks work, but those can be chewed into mulch too. And run... my goodness she loves to run! Start with a good obedience class asap. They love the attention and they love to please!

Congrat's!

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
OH Congrats!!! You will not regret it! Lucas likes to fetch, go for long walks, swim, and to train! OH!!! His favorite... other dogs!!!

·
Registered
659 Posts
gowyn said:
Nervous poop in my beloved truck on the way home
That's just a dog's way of giving your truck a "good luck" blessing. You can be sure she's gonna want to ride with you.

Congrats and welcome!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts