Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Ya'll I bought a Brush/shedding rake called the Furminator for all 3 of my dogs However After Brushing Tater my F1 his hair almost seems shorter?
Do any of youuse this or have ever used it? What did you think?
I got a ton of hair off of him. I just wonder if the blades cut the hair?

·
Registered
576 Posts
It's not a blade as much as it is a rake. I think it works great! Any hair that's coming off is loose/dead hair anyway. Less shedding, yeah!

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
The furminator was a godsend with Jonah when he was blowing his puppy coat. I still use it on him to get rid of that dead hair. Does NOT work on Rumor or Miko at all!

·
Registered
248 Posts
I use the Furminator on Uma. It gets SO much hair off her and decreasing the shedding. We love it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well Tater is 9 mo old and has been sheding I used it on him and got a ton of hair off of him. I just wanted to be sure it wasnt cutting his hair or taking hair that was suposted to stay on him. Thanks for your inputs!
It seem to be working great for him right now.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
I keep debating on getting one but the price deters me to-date
so for now i brush my 3 doodles almost daily

·
Registered
141 Posts
MaxandMe said:
I keep debating on getting one but the price deters me to-date
so for now i brush my 3 doodles almost daily
Target has a knock-off for only $10. It doesn't have the handle, but fits in your palm. It takes a TON of hair out of Charlie's coat.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm thinking about getting a furminator to use on Bigsby - but I have a question - why do you say not to use this if your doodle doesn't shed? Bigsby doesn't shed, but he sure does lose a lot of hair in the brush when he's brushed. I use a slicker brush - it's the only type of brush that seems to work very well on his coat. I was thinking maybe the furminator would get even more hair out.

Also, any tips on getting your doodle to LIKE being brushed. Bigsby hates it. The only way we can brush him is for one of us hold a "frosty paw" frozen treat for him to lick while the other one brushes. It's the only way to keep him still.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
The Furminator instructions say not to use it on non shedding dogs.

We have just bought one for Cinnamon, but haven't used it yet. How many times a week do you use it? We brush Cin once a day now, but I'm wondering if we can go a week with the Furminator.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I just bought it without knowing much info on it and the lady at the feed store told me it was perfect for doodles. So I opened it up and then read it's not to be used on non-shedding dogs...arugh! :? It worked great on my lab and I tired it on my 2 F1 doodles, but they have great, non-shedding coats and I really didn't care for it, esp for the cost. So now I'm trying to decide if I'll keep it for my lab or not. But, the owner of this pet store said other doodle owners love it, so maybe it depends on their coats.... Just my 2 cents!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
i find the regular pin brush to work best on Peanut and Beau
i have a furminator copycat for Max that works well only on him.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hi Skinny!

I too have the Furminator and LOVE it! I know what you are talking about how the hair seems shorter after you use it. I thought that at first, too when I started using it on my shedding doodle when she was around 6 mos. old? She was blowing her puppy coat and I think that it that the Furminator was getting more of the puppy coat out, revealing her shorter adult coat coming in. When I brush her now, it doesn't seem like her hair is shorter when I am done. She is almost 13 mos. old now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts