Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I JUST SCORED BIG at Penn Dutch :D I got 40#'s of chicken quarters for $18.99 and 20#'s of Pork Picnic for $15.00 I also got 10#'s Organs for another$ 9.00 That's a whopping 70#'s of dog food for $44.00 which will feed Abby 1.5#'s per day for 46 days :D I don't know the costs in other parts of the country but for these prices and obvious health benefits I'm stickin to this program :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
annieG said:
Do you supplement with veggies and such?
No I do not. I feed 80%Meat 10%Bone 10%Organ approximately. I make my own liver treats (bake) I'm looking for a dehydrator so I can make my own chicken treats and avoid the chinese imports. Abby appears quite healthy and happy on this regimen.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
448 Posts
I'm glad you and Abby are happy with raw feeding, but it's just not for me! I like my own meat cooked and my dog's food cooked/made by someone else so that I don't have to mess with it. I just scoop and pour!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,918 Posts
I'm glad you and Abby are happy with raw feeding, but it's just not for me! I like my own meat cooked and my dog's food cooked/made by someone else so that I don't have to mess with it. I just scoop and pour!
I give a big ditto to that :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lmtoth2 said:
I'm glad you and Abby are happy with raw feeding, but it's just not for me! I like my own meat cooked and my dog's food cooked/made by someone else so that I don't have to mess with it. I just scoop and pour!
I give a big ditto to that :D
That's too much work, I just hand her a chicken quarter :roll:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,929 Posts
I am interested in feed RAW in reading on the BARF diet I notice that it includes more than just raw meat and chicken. They include fish, kelp, vegetables and other supplements. Is there a difference in feeding RAW and feeding BARF?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,836 Posts
mtd885 said:
lmtoth2 said:
I'm glad you and Abby are happy with raw feeding, but it's just not for me! I like my own meat cooked and my dog's food cooked/made by someone else so that I don't have to mess with it. I just scoop and pour!
I give a big ditto to that :D
That's too much work, I just hand her a chicken quarter :roll:
Chicken quarter bone and all ?????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,836 Posts
annieG said:
I am interested in feed RAW in reading on the BARF diet I notice that it includes more than just raw meat and chicken. They include fish, kelp, vegetables and other supplements. Is there a difference in feeding RAW and feeding BARF?
O I dont think I could go with a BARF diet - just the sound of it ewwwwwwww LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
annabelles mom said:
annieG said:
I am interested in feed RAW in reading on the BARF diet I notice that it includes more than just raw meat and chicken. They include fish, kelp, vegetables and other supplements. Is there a difference in feeding RAW and feeding BARF?
O I dont think I could go with a BARF diet - just the sound of it ewwwwwwww LOL
:lol: :lol: :lol: I couldn't go for the BARF DIET either :lol: Abby is on the Prey Model diet www.rawmeatybones.com This diet was discovered by Dr Tom Lonsdale, an English Vet who emigrated to Australia. It's so simple and as you can see THRIFTY too. NO VEGGIES NO GRAINS OR BISCUITS just RAW meaty bones, meat, Fish,organs. It's a 'SPECIES APPROPRIATE DIET' emulating what they would eat in the wild. If Abby were to show interest in veggies (my wife is a veggie) I have no problem in feeding as a treat. Grains absolutely not! Abby is very clean about her eating as well--she keeps her food on a towel! If it gets on the floor she picks it up and returns it to the towel
:) :) It's less work than canned or McKibble for me too AND I can get her food any place I get mine if I'm traveling :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,619 Posts
mtd885 said:
If Abby were to show interest in veggies (my wife is a veggie)
Does that mean if you get home one day and your wife's missing(leaving a empty pile of clothes)....you'll know Abby likes veggies?? :oops: :wink: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
235 Posts
gene said:
mtd885 said:
If Abby were to show interest in veggies (my wife is a veggie)
Does that mean if you get home one day and your wife's missing(leaving a empty pile of clothes)....you'll know Abby likes veggies?? :oops: :wink: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Gene You are too much :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
659 Posts
mtd885 said:
Abby is on the Prey Model diet www.rawmeatybones.com This diet was discovered by Dr Tom Lonsdale, an English Vet who emigrated to Australia. It's so simple and as you can see THRIFTY too. NO VEGGIES NO GRAINS OR BISCUITS just RAW meaty bones, meat, Fish,organs. It's a 'SPECIES APPROPRIATE DIET' emulating what they would eat in the wild. If Abby were to show interest in veggies (my wife is a veggie) I have no problem in feeding as a treat. Grains absolutely not! Abby is very clean about her eating as well--she keeps her food on a towel! If it gets on the floor she picks it up and returns it to the towel
:) :) It's less work than canned or McKibble for me too AND I can get her food any place I get mine if I'm traveling :wink:
I did a lot of reading about this and I agree with the theory behind the "species appropriate" diet 100% but with my handicap and my significant other's brutal work schedule, it just isn't going to happen.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top