Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Jacque,

We look forward to seeing many of you at the Committee hearing and the "No on AB 1634" Capitol Rally on Wednesday!

If you can't join us, you can Listen to the hearing live online (click on "Room 112").

If you plan to attend the 8:00 am Senate Local Government Committee Hearing, please be advised of the following:

The Capitol Building will open early at 7:00 am to accommodate the expected crowds. We anticipate that people will begin to line-up at the Capitol entrances by at least 6:00 am.

Seating in Room 112 is extremely limited and will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. If you cannot get into the hearing room, don't worry: It will be broadcast live in an overflow room across the hall and in the Capitol's basement cafeteria.

While in the Capitol, please be respectful; if you are confronted or harassed by the opposition, immediately notify a nearby Sergeant-at-Arms.

No signs will be allowed in the building.

A public parking structure is located at 10th & L Streets. (Enter from righthand lane on 10th St.)

Thank you for your tremendous support throughout this fight to defeat AB 1634.
We look forward to celebrating its defeat at our Rally!

WEDNESDAY – JULY 11, 2007
Senate Local Government Committee Hearing
8:00 am
State Capitol, Room 112
PetPAC Capitol Rally
9:30 am
State Capitol, West Steps (10th Street)

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Wow, this hearing/rally sounds way more serious than I thought..."If you are confronted or harassed by the opposition....." WTH!

Prayers that all will unfold as it should, with the right outcome. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Live hearing on the bill today.

I am listening to the live hearing on this bill and Mr. Levine just agreed to change the bill and amend it to only spay and neuter dogs running loose. They are pulling the bill and moving it to January. It didn't come to a vote because they need to look at it further!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Pet Sterilization Bill Will Be Put On Hold

Just read on Yaho News that the CA Bill will be put on hold.

Assemblyman Lloyd Levine, D-Van Nuys, said he planned to pull AB 1634 following a scheduled hearing before the state Senate Local Government Committee.

"It pains me to have to tell everybody this, but I've been reading the handwriting on the wall and it doesn't look like we have the votes," Levine said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/kcra/20070711/lo_kcra/13660376

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Jacque will provide details. I listened to the hearing and as far as I undersood, the bill will be tabled until Jan 08 to allow both sides to reach concensus (hopefully) on ammendments that would penalize ONLY the IRRESPONSIBLE pet owners. This would apply to unaltered pets running loose, or as secondary offenses (didn't quite get this), animal control called because of owners allowing pets to violate ordinances: excessive barking, aggressive animals, etc.
Diane and Dakota

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great news, huh? :D I am very pleased...I wish it was not coming back, but it will. Still, I am savoring this little victory! Thank you all for putting up with all of my rants and fears...don't know what I'd have done without you.

I listened to the opposition's side this morning (DH didn't wake me in time for the proponent's) and Levine DID say that he would accept an amendment today, one that alllows all breeding so long as the owner did not violate any of the animal laws. If you are caught violating 2 laws, you must spay/neuter because you are not a responsible breeder. (We're talking barking complaints, dog getting out and running loose for a while...) Still, he said he was willing to do that.
It reminded me of the old days when you bought a car and the salesman would say, "What do I have to do to get you to leave here today with a new car?" LOL
The others said they didn't want to amend it on the fly, so it was tabled until January.
I don't trust Levine, so I plan to keep fighting!
But, I promise, I'll not consume this forum with it! LOL...not until December anyway!

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Great news.............Good job getting the word out and the public behind it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts