Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. My mom left the computer so I have time for a quick post.

My mom reads this forum all the time (and I peek over her shoulder) and gets some great advice. I just wanted to say a quick thanks to all of my doodle buddies and their great owners. Thanks to you, I have a new yummy dog food (which will hopefully stop my ear infections) and some nice soft new brushes to keep the mats away.

Most importantly, I have to thank you for your advice about SOCKS!!!!! Let me explain. I was 6 months old and not very well socialized when I came to my family. Everything was so scary. After a lot of love from my new family, I'm not really scared of anything anymore! So then I read about socks! You guys are right, they are great!!! My mom keeps a whole basket of the dirty ones upstairs (YUM!). Its like a buffet. I pick out the one I want and bring it downstairs. My mommy just sits there and laughs - I think she's actually proud of my doodle-like behavior. Then I get to have a great game of chase around the house with my dad. What fun!!!! I would have never thought about this without your help.

I also sit under my mom's chair when she is at the computer and float SBDs! She doesn't laugh as much with this, but I still think its pretty funny. :twisted:

So anyway, keep the great advice coming. What is this I hear about counter surfing??? :D

-Wilson

G

·
Hi Wilson. Man, you gotta get into counter surfing dude. It's the best! But be careful cuz if your mom or dad is watching you can get into total trouble. The best time to do it is when you know they are watchin TV or upstairs or something. I've found some of the best things up there and one night I totally scored and got an entire lamb chop. Dad was pretty pee-oo'd about that one but he's still my bud.

Let me know if you find anything cool dude.

Boyd

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
OH counter surfing...WILSON its doggy heaven on earth!!! all sorts of goodies: boiled chicken, choc chip cookies, tons of crumbs and tidbits.
Warning: HOT buffalo style chicken wings----ohh ohhh they give ya hot lips :shock: and blue cheese doesn't take the sting away either.

and there's table surfing. NOW here you find tons of napkins! and sometimes the extra Toilet PaperBEFORE it's put away...Double Rolls are the best!!!!! My mom always has the defuzzed toys up ther too..heh heh heh and I rescue them.

Wilson, if there's any teenagers in the house make sure you lie down beside them. They tend to drop food without knowing it OR they cannot resist sad pleading doodle eyes. heh heh heh i have my baby sister help me with this one.

NICE to meet you Wilson!!!! peanut and I always love meeting fellow doodles!! HIGH 5 to ya buddy as you got a whole basketfull of socks--wow!!!! and can i ask how you managed that one? my mom HIDES our socks here :cry: Mom's cute panties are great to steal and show company just what she really wears...though my mom gets red in the face while being soooooo sweet calling my name when i do this. it's a real attention getter i tell you!

have a great day wilson...can't wait to hear back from you.

sincerely the groodle gang: Max and Peanut

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Hey buddy Wilson!! Denver here.
I do not know how tall you are Wilson but apparently my Mom sais I am too tall so counter surfing for me has been moved to the top of the fridge
and I can not reach that yet, but I live with cats and the things they knock off the counter for me are oh so good. They think they get me in trouble but Mom sais it is there fault as they do it on purpose. Have to admit that CATS RULE sometimes. Socks used to be my favorite but now I prefer
any kind of paper, boy oh boy it is good.
Happy Doodeling Wilson

Denver

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hi Wilson ... Mia here. I remember socks. When I first arrived at my forever home they were everywhere 'cause Stephen ... he my mom's husband ... has a really bad habit of leaving them all over the house ... or should I say "had" a bad habit. After I ate the heels and toes out of a few socks the supply mysteriously dried up. :( I still try to grab them when he's putting them on his feet, but that just makes him mad.

So ... I've found something else to entertain myself. The old dog that lives in my house lives behind a kind of fence thing. :? I've heard my mom say it's to protect her from me! But I know it's 'cause she pees everywhere if she's not penned in. Well, I've discovered if I "accidently" crash into her fence I can knock jossle her food dish and send her kibble flying all over the floor. Once I've done that I just lie on the floor doing my impersonation of an anteater and scoop up the loose kibble with my very long tongue. It must look pretty funny 'cause my mom just laughs instead of getting mad, but she says I'm going to get fat from all the extra snacking :lol:

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Wilson....
cool stuff is on the counter! It's really good and dad tries to hide it! Sometimes he forgets and once a week I get the nylon net thing full of soapy bubbles that always leaves a trail on the floor. For some strange reason, I usually get the runs later...can't figure out why, but what the heck...I get chased!!

Jonah

Counter...?? What's that, I don't see a counter!!

Miko

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Hi Wilson!!!
Welcome to Doodlesville! Regarding countersurfing....I'AM the bad boy.. :twisted: .not Molly...she would NEVER dream of counter surfing, but I find it soooo much fun! I see cell phones and blue tooths...hmmm..wonder if they are any good? Can't quite reach them yet...and oh yeah....our treats are up there also...they're 'Charlie Bears'...little round treats about the size of a penny...Me and Moll get one when we come in from doing our poopies and peeing outside!
I used to steal Mom's slippers too, but now that she bought new ones she puts them WAAAAY up on top of her dreaaer and I can't reach that..YET :shock:
But ya know what the best thing is????? The little garbage can in the bathroom....Mom chases me thru the house with what I get out of there!! ha-ha... :twisted: :twisted:
So Wilson, enjoy your new life with your new family, and make sure your Mom sends lots of pictures!!!
Your new pals,
Raleigh & Molly :D :D

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Hey Wilson.....my mom doesn't know I'm reading this ...she'd say it would give me ideas :idea:

Mom has been quick with the "DOWN" when ever I try to see what's on the counter. Now that you all have told me about the good stuff, I'll have to try harder(':twisted:')

At our house Humphrey rules...sometimes at night when I am gated in my mom's room, I can hear him crunching on my kibble...is that fair?
(':evil:')

You know, I use to like socks but I have moved up to boots....the sheepskin kind...well they are Australian after all...just natural that I would like the taste. When we come in from a walk, mom is trying to take off my coat, my leash, her gloves, hat, and coat..so when she is not looking I run with the boot. She always finds me but not before I pull out a bit of fluff....(':twisted:')

Keep up the good work
:p

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Hey Tanner...
The back turned shoe steal is my forte!! Dad turns to hang up his coat....and zoooooooooooooooom, I'm off with a shoe! He used to chase me, now he tries not to laugh and says "DROP IT" and I do. Still fun to steal 'em!

Jonah

I myself don't steal shoes....I'm an angel!

Miko

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
myself don't steal shoes....I'm an angel!

Miko
Jonah, I hope you are reading all the stuff your little sister" the Angel "is writing. She is working your Dad pretty good with that I am a girl, I am so innocent. I know cause my Dad has a favorite cat named Jade and it is a girl too and she is so sneaky and mean to me but my Dad sais that noooo she is just an Angel. My Mom knows though and she protects be from the 9 lb monster. Moms are great but Dads are sappy creatures when it comes to little girls. Be very careful Jonah

Your buddy Denver

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Denver,
I let her get away with it cause, darn it, her head tastes sooooooo good! Also, she doesn't get mad if I jump on her and bite her ears....Dad on the other hand.....

Jonah

My one dream....to have a dry head! Halos stay on much better on a dry head.....really!

Miko

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You guys really are the best! I'm tall enough to put my nose on the counter and can smell the good stuff up there. I'll have to wait for the next time my mom isn't paying attention... I heard my mom saying it was only a matter of time, now I understand!!!

We have an old cat name Tucker and yes, he's the boss. :( In my defense, he tries to provoke me. Well my mom and dad finally figured this out and told us to work it out ourselves! Now when he comes upstairs, I get to chase him back down. Sometimes he's not in the mood to play and boxes my face with his front paws (no claws thankfully). All my mom does is laugh again - not fair!

No teenagers in the house, but we do have a 5 and 6 year old. I help my mom clean up their toys all the time! :D

Happy doodling!

- Wilson

·
Registered
103 Posts
If you like counter surfing, try checking out the sink. There is usually some good stuff in there, that is of course if my mom does not put the good stuff in that washer thing. The best thing to grab from the sink is spoons and dishes that are not fully rinsed, but you can only do that when nobody around to catch you. For some reason my family doesn't like when I do try and help with dishes.

Frankie

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Oooooh I love when my Mom is putting stuff in the dishwasher thingy and then the phone thingy rings. She leaves to get that phone thingy and I get to help her clean off the dishes. She comes back to fast though so I only get a taste of what they had for dinner the night before, but oooh even a taste is good.

Denver

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Mia you are so right.
I never get to even see the knife thing as My Mom must put that in last as well. I bet it is the thing that sits up high on the counter.

Denver

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Cool....I too am an admitted pre-washer! Too bad we're not appreciated for our talent! I LOVE it when dad fills a pan with water in the sink.....YUM YUM....all bubbly.....I don't understand why he gets mad! Still can't figure out why I get the runs afterwards. Dad needs to remember to either wash them then or soak 'em with out the bubbles....Lazy Dad!! :lol:

Jonah

Sink....what sink....I'm missing something!! UNFAIR!!

Miko

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Max and I have started to team up this past week. While mom is cooking in the kitchen I(peanut) jump up up 3.5ft in the air quickly scanning the counter tops. Next Max and I discuss what's worth eating and getting caught for as well. :wink: :D
Max then sits soooooo goood next to me. sometimes i then lie down. OH mom falls for this one thinking "oh my little babies are being soo good"
When MOM turns her back to go to fridge whoosh max is up on the counter grabbing whatever we decided on faster than you can say jack robinson. Sometimes max shares cause he's a sloppy eater. HE always gets in trouble since Lil ole Peanut here at 15in high cant reach coutner tops :wink:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Denver buddy my mom BANNED both of us from the kitchen now :wink: seems we got too excited when she was putting dishes into the dishwasher and tripped her. Mommie has 2 slightly deep gouches in her shins now and somehow when we play we always seem to bang it too.
we've said sorry about 100 times now but MOM won't let us in the kitchen.
That's ok, we sit and slowly inch our way in using the pleading soulful sad doodle eyes on her now. :wink:
OH mom said we can have the dishwasher job since we do a better job than the teenagers in our house and make them look bad. Mommie also said we can NO longer help putting away the laundry and TP either.

it's getting boring around here so Peanut and I now bite the plant leaves to tell mommie when it's time to waterthem

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
wilson's mom...ih ave to say this.
right now i keep thinking of the movie Castaway...and the ball with a face on it named Wilson hahhahhaha

Wilson got any pics so we know you're not a soccer ball?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts