Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Words cannot express how much I appreciate the thoughts prayers and support you all have given me the past 3 months with my Daddy's illness and now his passing.

The Mass we had for Daddy was beautiful, though hard. Father Jerry was wonderful. Daddy has volunteered extensively at his church since 1955 and was loved by Many. I do not think Daddy ever met anyone who did not like him - he had the most infectious smile and was so loving and caring. I'm sure he will be entertaining people in heaven and I know he'll stop by rainbow heaven to see all our pups we have had.

When we arrived at the cemetary and were driving thru to the moseleam (sp), there were 4 dear grazing, they all stopped, looked up and watched as we went by - it was so peaceful.

We went over to Norma's, my wonderful stepmom, when we arrived Friday. She moved into an assisted living 2 weeks ago. What a lovely place, she has a suite and we toured the place, so nice, lots of things going on and she is already comfortable there, other than not having Daddy with her.
If you could keep her in your prayers, I would appreciate it.

Annabelle was as happy to see us as we were to see her, I have missed my babygirl. She is cuddled up next to me on the bed

Again, thank you all so much for your support, it means the world to me.

Hugs
Mary

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Mary, through the good and the bad, we're all here for you! Glad to hear you and Annabelle are reunited, I'm sure that with help with the grieving. It's time now to reflect on the good times and the memories, and remember, he will always be in your heart. Welcome back, you've been missed!!

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Welcome back Mary. Glad to have back. Bless you and your family, as you make your way back. It's never easy but always done eventually. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
<<<mary>>>

I love that photo of you and your Dad.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Welcome back Mary. You've been in our thoughts and prayers. May the healing process be filled with lots of fond memories. Hugs from Cali and me.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Mary, we are so glad to have you back. I know this is still a difficult time but you have a great bunch of supporters here on the forum.

Awesome present Annabelle...you lucky girl :wink:

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Mary,
What a beautiful picture of you & your dad.
My deepest sympathies for your loss. I know this is hard and I don't look forward to this with my dad. It must be really hard.
Hug Annabelle a whole lot and let her give you cuddles and the peace you need right now.
God Bless........and prayers for Norma!

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Mary, what a beautiful tribute to your sweet Daddy...and a lovely picture of the two of you.
I know of your pain, my father passed away over 10 years ago, but I miss him still...and sometimes when I least expect it, I know that he is nearby. Little things will comfort you. Watch for those little things...like the deer...
When my father was alive, he never passed up a penny, he always stooped over and said, "this is my lucky penny for today!" and after he passed, we would stroll through the cemetary and if we found a penny we would put it on his headstone, his lucky penny for the day. One day, we went to pay our respects and...from the two pennies we had left there...we found four! No one...I mean, NO one, that we spoke with had put them there.
Now, I am not saying that my dad did....hahaha, but I do know that something that small, made us think of him...and to this day, when I see a penny, I see and hear my father.
These are the gifts in life that they give to us...these are the things that keep them close to us still.
Bless you at this time...and may you find peaceful moments of love and closeness with your father...still.

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Welcome back Mary............
Glad you have your lovely Annabelle to cuddle
up with and to help you through life's journey..................

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Welcome Home Mary ... My deepest sympathies ... Take care of yourself now, take comfort in your sweet girl Annabelle and smile and grieve when you have to ... there is no timetable, but soon the happy memories and smiles will prevail.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Welcome home Mary, I too feel for your loss. I lost my father 2 years ago, just one week after my DD was born. He had her photo next to him in his hospital room and I know he knew of her birth and loved her. Unfortunately I was to unwell (due to my cesarian) to fly home to England and say goodbye and attend his funeral. I'm happy that you got to spend time with your Dad towards the end.
My prayers are with you.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
((((((((((((((((mary)))))))))))))))))))) so nice to see you got back home safely too. Kathie sends her deepest sympathies and biggest hugs to you.

in fact i think we all do on this forum.
i am so happy you're back home with Annabelle as she must have missed you terribly.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts