Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just received a photo of Tenzin, our second doodle. He'll be ready to come home in a couple of weeks. I'm soooo excited :)

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
What a handsome boy! It is soooo exciting when you finally get
your allocation photo. It's better than christmas. It looks like he
will have a travel companion for his long trip. Rusty got to share
a travel crate with a litter mate. Makes the trip a little easier
for them.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
He is so pretty, Libby! Congratulations! I love the name- how did you come up with it??

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
he is absolutely adorable! You are going to have the best photos with those 2...the colors of both are wonderful!!

·
Registered
670 Posts
What a little angel! :D

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks - I just saw today that there's a litter-mate also coming to Holland (one of Tenzin's sisters) - I'm really pleased and hope I can get in touch with the other family. I'm not sure whether they can share a crate but they should be flying together and arriving together, I imagine. It's a long wait at Schiphol airport (Amsterdam) - with Jofi we waited 4 hours before they finally brought her through. It was agonising. I think traveling together will make it easier as it's such a long flight, with a stop-over.

I came across the name Tenzin from reading a book about a school for the blind in Tibet. A blind lady in Germany set up a project to help these blind children by developing a Braille code for the Tibetan language and setting up an education programme - prior to the project there were few opportunities for them. Anyway, she wrote some books about her adventures - and one of the students in the books is a young boy called Tenzin - a really sweet little boy - and I liked the name. I should add that my partner is a teacher of the blind and has met the lady who set up the project in Tibet. We've both done volunteer work overseas on similar projects and it's something that's been very fulfilling (in fact that's how we met one another in the first place).

Sorry, that was a rather long explanation!

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Wow that is one cute doodle puppy. Great story on the naming process. Interesting travel and volunteer work. Keep up the good work and have fun with those Doodles!!!

G

·
Ahh Tenzin is very cute!!! I couldn't imagine waiting 4 hours for my puppy. I had to wait 1.5 hours and I was going crazy!!!

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
So now there will be two sweet little boys named Tenzin! What a wonderful story!! :lol:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I couldn't imagine waiting 4 hours for my puppy. I had to wait 1.5 hours and I was going crazy!!!
Yes, it was unbearable waiting so long. Worse still, the flight came in at 6am in the morning so we were at the airport at 6:30 and it was a cold December morning, so we were shivering in the car, walking back and forth to the collection desk every 30 minutes. We didn't get to see Jofi until after 10! The problem was that the papers hadn't come through, or something like that (it's a really big airport), so we knew our puppy was sitting alone in a crate waiting, somewhere in the same cargo building.

I was so happy to get her out of that crate and give her a big hug.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Oh My! How precious! I can't wait to seem MILLIONS of pictures with the both of them!!! I am so excited for you... this is going to be awesome!!!

Cool how you came up with the name... cool name too!

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Congratulations! Tenzin is a beautiful boy! I love the story of his name. :)

Let's hope the two pups can travel together. I agree that it would be great for them to have each other for company.

Deb

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
WHAT a Neat story about how TENZIN came to be named!
the pic you posted is sooooooooooo cute and i can't wait to see TONS more pics really soon :D

·
Registered
260 Posts
tenzin is an absolute doll - he looks alot like one of sammy's littermates who we got to meet when we picked her up from the breeder - they were SO cute with all of the siblings running around and jumping on the couch!

have fun with the two!!

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Love the story! Love the name! Love the face! Hope the weeks (and airport time go fast)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts