Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kevin called to say they were coming up the Illinois River today, and would be by the house sometime this afternoon. For those that don't know, he's a deckhand for ADM and we live right on the IL river. It's been about 3 weeks since we've seen him, and we're missing him more this trip than most (although we always miss him terribly). So when I heard a barge coming, I'd ask Dex "is that daddy?" He'd get all revved up and go whacko dog. When we finally saw his boat, we got dressed and went out on the side deck. Dex sat there watching the boat, scanning the deck til he saw Kevin. Now mind you, it is far enough away in the channel, that if he hadn't told me he'd be in the doorway of the deck locker, he would have just been another speck. Dex cried and cried and nearly yanked my arm off, so we waved our goodbyes and came in. As soon as he hit the back door, he raced to the front window and watched til the boat was out of sight, whining the whole time.

He knew his daddy was on that boat. He doesn't understand why daddy didn't jump off though :(

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
awh!! that is so cute!!! They definitely understand...I will tell them to go find "daddy" and they totally do it.

At the Pet Expo on Sat Dexter made my day...he was running around like a nut w/all the dogs, but then he came over to the fence (I was behind it) and jumped up on it to say hi to me :D Wasn't thrilled w/the jumping up part, but was happy he was interested in me even w/all the dogs to play with.

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
awwwww Dexter poor buddy, you saw Daddy and couldnt' get to him, I totally understand, I go nuts when Daddy's car pulls in the driveway at night until he gets out and unlocks gate and comes in back yard. I can't imagine seeing him go by and not stop

Sending you lots of huggies

Love Annabelle

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh what a sweet story..........
I love to tell Denver to go find Daddy, he loves that game
and his other favorite is when we tell him to find a certain cat
with nine cats in the house it is a long lasting game..............
These Doodles are smart

1 - 4 of 4 Posts