Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I got Tejas's color DNA back today and he is BBee not what I wanted but not much I can do about it. For those who aren't sure what it means he carries BLACK and the Cream-White-Red-Apricot gene. He does not carry Brown gene.

I'm a little frustrated but I will just have to watch who I bred him to. Katie is due the 14th of this month and she has a liver nose so that will tell me a little I hope. I just wanted someone to listen to me for a minute. :roll:

He still is a beautiful boy and has a great temperament and I wouldn't trade him for anything!!!

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I am listening :)

I like black dogs so I am not much help :)

I did get a chocolate stud so I guess I caved in a little huh?

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Aw, Linda, you know that I understand your disappointment...I am sorry...still, I agree with the others...he is so beautiful!
I swear, next time around I am looking for only light colored noses...even though those black noses and eyes are STUNNING!
I, too, love black...but dang, if I could get a dollar for everyone who says, "well, I'm looking for a cream colored puppy..." ugh!
Tejas is really adorable though...REALLY adorable!

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys for the support, as long as I breed him back to lover noses I should only get hopefully 1/3 black. Like I said I know soon Katie is due in just a little over a week so I will let you know the outcome. If you don't hear from me you know I'm deeply depressed and you better come looking for me!!! :cry:

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Oh, trust me, Linda...black puppies are anything but depressing! LOL I know what you mean though...the buying public can be very picky!
You will have a gorgeous, smart, loving litter from Tejas...no doubt in my mind!

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Miss Molly sure knows how to make puppies, Terri Lynn! I am amazed at the size of her litters! Congratulations to you both!

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Katie's due anytime I thought she would go last night I was up every 2 hours or so checking on her if she doesn't go today I'll be up again tonight she is so big and this is her first litter I'm a little worried about her she doesn't want to lay down she is so big I think it makes her uncomfortable. :(

·
Registered
853 Posts
It's funny how I and my son would have preferred black, but, ended up with a cream doodle! If I wasn't so attached to Doc, I could trade him! :D

·
Registered
853 Posts
WOW Linda, I just went to your site and saw the new puppies! How did that happen? Tejas pulled it off for you after all! :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks guys they are beautiful, I didn't want to post since we aren't suppose to so I'm glad you took it upon yourself to look at my site!!!
NO BLACK Puppies can you believe that 8) 8) 8) I figured I'd get a couple at least.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
pffffffft well I dont even think I am going to pay the extra money for a genetic analysis. Not after this and what happened to Maureen ;) :)

congrats on healthy pups!!

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Oh, Linda! They are beautiful!
Now, Maureen says that any time you breed cream color to cream color you will get cream puppies (or red/apricot) even if the nose is black! So...there you go...proof! Beautiful proof!

About the posting...as I read the policy, it says that "announcing litters" is okay...it is open selling that is against the poicy...like saying "New puppies for sale"...there should be nothing prohibiting good breeders, who frequent this forum for all this time, to share the joy of a new litter...it is another matter when a breeder no one knows pops in to announce that they have puppies for sale.

I personally see nothing wrong with announcing the birth of puppies...doesn't mean even that you are selling them...sort of like announcing the birth of your child...doesn't mean you are selling! LOL (Okay, chances are you ARE selling the puppies and not your child, at least until the child reaches pre-teen era...but still, you are also sharing your joy...I've seen much more blatant sales and promotion on here! :? )

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks guys another interesting fact I just was told this week is that if the pups when they are born have a strip down the middle of the back they will have a primary fleece coat Krista Waitz called it a "fleece piece" so I'm going to mark the ones that have it about 5 of the 8 and see how the coats mature as they get older. I think this will be interesting to follow and see if it proves true. I have noticed before pups having it but never knew this info, I'm excited to see what develops.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts