Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sam is just short of 3 months. This week, he had his first C5 vaccination (second vaccination). He's been a bit off his food these last few days. At first, I thought it was just the heat. We've been sweltering with consecutive days of way over 100F. Even though he's had plenty of water and his wee is clear and copious, his appetite just seemed to not be the same. At first, I thought he might possibly be getting bored of his food. I feed him almost exclusively on Eukanuba medium puppy breed biscuits. And then I thought it might be because of his vaccination. This morning, I put water in the remainder of his biscuits which he hadn't eaten. After a bit of sniffing, he woofed down the moistened biscuits. Does this mean that he's teething? Could this be the reason he's more bitey than usual? Or is he just getting bored?

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
I would say teething. Try freezing a wash cloth....or you can buy puppy teething rings to freeze. It soothes the gums and saves your body!! :wink:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
he's teething and also if it's hot out they eat later then usual or not as fast as much during cooler weather

I take beau's teething ring and kong thingy and put them in freezer
and later hand them to him :D

·
Registered
150 Posts
Don't be surprised when you start finding his little teeth around the house...in the water bowl, on his bed... :D I remember playing with Angel and hearing a little "clink" on the hardwood and there was a tooth! Her grin was the cutest when she losing all her baby teeth! :wink:

·
Registered
985 Posts
When it was really hot here Chouette, at about the same age as your Sam, almost stopped eating. The heat really seemed to bother her a lot; she was lethargic and wasn't even doing a lot of drinking. Come to think of it, it was right after she got her middle set of vaccinations. A friend who is a vet scolded me for letting her get the Lyme series, so next time I refused it, but he was afraid she was reacting to that. However, in view of your experience I would suspect it was a mixture of a vaccination reaction and the heat.

I took Chou to the vet's and he talked about meningitis and all sorts of cheery possibilities. But I watched her for a bit, gave her Gatorade ( a substitute for Pedialyte since she wasn't drinking much and my vet friend thought her electrolytes might be off ) and she was fine after a day or so. She did search out every airconditioning vent in the house and claim them whenever she went to a different room with me.

Leslie

1 - 7 of 7 Posts