Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tanner has been groomed by "Mary" at his daycare for almost a year. Well Mary quit and so the daycare owner's wife, who is also a groomer, groomed him today. He looks fabulous. But when I got home there was a plastic bag with something about the size of a head of lettuce sitting on the table. She sent it home with DH to show me. It was all the matted hair that she got out of Tanner. I don't know whether to be embarrassed or grateful. She only charged $45 too!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Annie ...i am happy you're able to have Tanner groomed in such a great way and at a real savings to!
uh, WHERE"S TANNER'S pic of his new do???? :wink:

and I hear you about the matts, don't know what to think either.
I once was told peanut's feet, bottom of legs had some bad matts,
I was shocked at I brush her almost daily and now i am really careful to make sure I check that area!

G

·
Bella is getting groomed today. I KNOW she has matts, just on her front legs, so I'm guessing she will be short! She really HATES having her front legs combed (in the back near her belly).
Oh well, at least it is getting warm! It will be her 'summer cut'. Plus then maybe her Daddy will believe that she needs to lose some poundage!

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was shocked to hear he had mats. I had just brushed him the night before....well here are his pics

first this was posted before but this is his "Gorgeous George Look".

And here is how he looks today

Sorry he looks so grumpy. He is not a morning dog and resents having his picture taken so early :p :p

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
WOW!! he's awesome looking........and he also reminds me of Leslie's Dexter cut like that.

OH PRINCESS Peanut say's Tanner sure is a looker :wink: :D

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Tanner even looks great grumpy! Have to admit sending all the hair mats home is an unusal approach, maybe this new groomer wanted to make sure you knew she worked hard???? :roll:

·
Registered
337 Posts
Tanner looks terrific!

Did you comment to the groomer that Tanner didn't have mats? Perhaps the bag was just her way of letting you know that he did. Honestly, I could get something the size of a head of lettuce everytime I brushed Copper. So to me, the matting sounds very minimal. Good Job Annie.

G

·
Tanner is gorgoeus both ways! I love his eyes! I agree that I get a bagful of hair when I brush and comb Bella good. Not mats, just hair clumps.

·
Registered
98 Posts
See now he looks great! They didn't have to shave around Murphy's eyes and make him look all goofy. That is what I get for getting the supercuts version of a haircut for him, although it did cost me $10 more than you paid :(

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No, my husband picked him up so I didn't talk with the groomer. That's the thing that is so weird. Tanner doesn't shed and when I brush and comb him, even using the Les Pooches brush, there is next to nothing that comes out of him. I think she only groomed white dogs yesterday and sent me all the clippings :twisted:

·
Registered
670 Posts
What a great cut!! I'm truly impressed!! :D

·
Registered
349 Posts
Annie,

After reading thru all this..... I think you're right -- you got a bag full of "everyone" !

Strange she sent it home. Maybe you're suppose to make a sweater out of it ? :shock:

G

·
annieG said:
.... I think she only groomed white dogs yesterday and sent me all the clippings :twisted:
bwahahahaha! I would call her and play all dumb:

"Hi, you sent a bag of hair home with my husband yesterday? Yes, well I was wondering what I was supposed to do with it? I thought maybe you were afraid you cut him too short and so you sent the hair in case I wanted to put it back? But I'm not real sure how to do that?"
:lol:
Maybe she gets charged by the bag for trash removal? So she sent it home? Like the National Parks maybe she believes in :"Leave no trace, pack it in, pack it out" :lol: bwahahahaha

1 - 20 of 21 Posts