Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I have been writing about, Tanner is in refresher training. We have hired a trainer to come to our house to work on his fear of strangers, leash aggression and fear barking.

He has done wonderfully. He barks about 10% of what he did before training. He is so much calmer and happier. When we take him on walks he likes meeting people and most dogs. Some dogs, who are not on leashes while he is on one can give him pause but with commands and treats he is doing much, much better.

Last night was the most amazing walk of all. We stopped to talk with a neighbor working in her yard. There was a tiny black cat in her yard. She told us that it is a foster now rescue and that it was born with a right front leg and a left back leg. It kind of hops like a kangaroo. It was very curious about Tanner and he was so gentle and curious. They sniffed noses back and for along the fence for at least 15 minutes while we talked. Tanner didn't bark nor did he lunge...he was so sweet and well behaved.

It is wonderful to be able to walk him amongst people and not have his shy away. He is now just calm and curious and becoming a real gentleman :wink:

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Oh That is so wonderful!!
It sounds like whatever it was causing that your trainer Found it and worked him thru it,,
'
and How sweet is that with the kitty, Doodles have such hearts of gold!!!

I know how relieved you must be to have such a wonderful dog as Tanner
Keep up the good work

·
Registered
429 Posts
Yay Tanner. Way to Go. Great Job. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks you guys but I think if Tanner could speak for himself he would say..."what took them so long to figure me out" :wink: He has always been very smart and sweet...Tim and I just needed the training.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Oh Annie i am ssoooooooo happy for you, Tim and Tanner!!!

wish you're trainer lived closer i'd hire him for a few lessons myself

·
Registered
459 Posts
Aaaawwwww. Good boy, Tanner.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Tanner you're a good boy and have a compassionate heart! :wink: I honestly think that these Doodles and most dogs have an inner sense that things are not quite right, be it with another animal, or human being and treat both with gentleness...wonderful story about him and the kitten..Thanks!!! :wink: :wink: :wink:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts