Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else have a doodle that talks to them. Whenever I sit on the couch, Frankie jumps up, sits next to me, and starts talking. It is not a growl, or a bark or a wine. It is a mixture and he will just go on and on. First I thought it was because he had to go outside, but he even does that after he goes outside. It is kind of funny to listen to him and when I am on the phone he get louder. My mother thought it was great listening to him. I am just thinking he wants his say also.

·
Registered
853 Posts
That sounds like what Doc does occassionally when he wants a toy that my toy poodle has. He won't just take it, he starts making that noise like you describe. It's painfully loud though, so I make him stop as soon as I can. :shock: :D

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Yes! I have two of them! (And a Poodle)
They have such expression and it is obvious that they are trying to tell me something...it is much like a cry, but punctuated with the high pitched yip that they do when playing as puppies...and sometimes a little growl mixed in...and always it is with an intense stare right into my eyes.
My tiny puppies do this too. I have at least 3 talkers in this litter...so cute.
Chase (the Poodle) does more of a "rooooo, rooooo, rooooooo" bark and he tosses his head back and really gets dramatic.
Adorable!!!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Mine do this, too. Every morning when they wake up they talk to us and to each other. Maybe I'm nuts, but I think they really ARE trying to talk. They flap their mouths and cock their heads like their really really telling me something!

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
I think that is so cute, Lisa! I can just imagine the scene!

Once, I was talking on the phone to my aunt (who is quite comical and does tend to talk a loooong time) and Rosie came in, sat by me...watched me for a while and then did her "talk" and my aunt said, "Did you just yawn???!!! You YAWNED! Am I boooring you???"
I laughed so hard at Rosie's timing and there was no way to convince my aunt that I was not yawning! :lol:

·
Registered
980 Posts
Dexter and my cat are still in the "getting to know you" stage of their relationship. Luckily, Dexter can't get on the bed or daybed yet. So Mr. Muffin gets up there and stares down at him and they "talk". This consists of a hiss from Mr. Muffin, followed by a long drawn out speech from Dexter, complete with paw gestures to make it clear that he wants to play. He's slowly winning him over. I don't know what they're conspiring in their conversations, but Mr. Muffin is starting to enjoy the chat.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Cinnamon talks to us when she wants something, either something to eat to to tell us she wants to play. She also does a "silent bark" type thing, where the mouth moves but no sound execpt the sound of air movement, kind of like a whisper. She's done this since she was a pup and it's so cute! She used this to tell us she wanted out when she was being house trained (or we were being trained, not sure which!). Now she just does it to get our attention, or because she knows it makes us laugh, not sure which!
The dog we "sit" for talks, too and when they both start, it's so funny!! :lol:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Ruby does the silent and sometimes quite bark to go outside. It's funny because she gives a regular bark if I'm not in the same room. But if I'm standing there in the kitchen, she turns her head toward me and does the almost silent bark. I find it very cute!

Cinsmom, I'm in Kansas also. Lenexa. Ruby is a 5-1/2 month old chocolate F1B (maybe on her way to becoming cafe au lait). Got her from Dixie Di last fall.

Here's a picture of my wonderful pup!

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Rubi is a cutie! She looks like she is trying to tell you something in this picture! I love her coloring!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Max does the quick WOOP as i call it and then clicks his teeth...standing there just staring at us like "Hey, come one didn't you hear or you just don't get it?" hahahhhaa!!
If we continue to tare back then it's a high pitched woop then woof!

·
Registered
689 Posts
Chester does the silent bark thing too. There is nothing silent about Archie.
I bet we ALL have a dog voice we use to answer questions other family members ask the dogs...(at least I hope you all do too).

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Cinsmom...I love the ears!!! ohhhhhhh
and of course the eyes :D

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Quick question: does anyone else's Doodle try to politely put up their paw when YOU talk to them

ie: Max just stole a shoe, but came over and put it down. I then say "max honey, now you know you're not supposed to do that. no shoes. " hahhaha
now this "talk" is done in a soft voice.

he then keeps his pawing the air and almost like he's saying"oh mom I didn't hurt anything and I keep forgetting "hahhaha

1 - 18 of 18 Posts