Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put the halt to agility training for now, but left the option open for resuming in about six months. This will give Dakota's handler a chance to decide if she is serious about all this work!!! Kudus from his instructor will help with my ultimate decision. She was disappointed that we are taking a break and she is encouraging me to continue after I spend more time working with Dakota. She thinks he is a cutie bug with agility potential. This is a good thing because she is NOT hurting for students--she has a substantial waiting list for her classes. We have an open invitation to resume.

I do still believe he could be a very good agility dog! He is doing very well now on loose leash work, but he still has problems with distractions. Example, if he has the choice of paying attention to me or to Teddy and Buster, his Aussie and German Shorthair neighbors, well guess who wins!! :evil: Not me!! Total control is a MUST in agility. So, we'll keep working at it and I'll re-evaluate next March or so. And did our 8:30 Thursday night schedule play in? Maybe! :oops: And I also still have not totally blown off the idea of a pup--Jacque is killing me with the puppy pictures!! And I think I could do both! Just need to get mentally prepared. Now retirement would come in handy, but I'm afraid that still about four years out!! :(

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Nothing wrong with taking a break and taking time to relax and reflect.
Iwish I had the timetocomplete more training for Max and start with peanut. For now it's basic obedience at home...homeschooling doodle mom here :wink:

and yes Jac's pups are ohhhhhhhhhhhh too cute!!! they're almost where you want another doodle :shock:
ME? ihave will power right now hahhahaaaaaaa

1 - 2 of 2 Posts