Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many dock their doodles tails? We never did, but i was just woundering if people do dock them. Jennifer

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I would never dock a Doodles tail and I don't know of anyone that does.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hmm, what does that make Jett? :oops: She has a wonderful docked tail, and as far as I know she is still a Labradoodle.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
one of my pups was born with a deformed (hook on end) tail
I considered docking but the vet at the time said it was a cosmetic decision so I left it up to the new owner. there vet has advised them to dock the tail I cant remember exactly the reason but it was a good one. I guess soon we will have a docked labradoodle in the family!

I dont think I have seen Jett... I would love to know what Molly is going to look like!

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Well, Vicky, you know that I love Jett...what I meant is that the breed standard does not call for docked tails. :wink:

·
Registered
207 Posts
I don't know the circumstances of Jett's tail, I was told it is natural, but it looks docked to me. Here she is with Copper.

Does the breed standard discuss length, or just saber like appearance? In that case, Jett is a Labradoodle, thank goodness!

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
hahahaha...Jett is a Labradoodle, even if she had an elephant's tail!! And she is a beautiful one at that!

·
Registered
279 Posts
I have dear old friends who had a chocolate lab who wagged his tail so powerfully that he kept rupturing the tip. They took him to the vet to get it stitched up so many times, his tail was getting shorter and shorter. They finally docked it because it seemed so cruel to let it happen slowly.

George wags his tail so hard I worry this could happen, but so far, so good....although one day I was sitting on the floor and he happened to wag right against my eye. Next day I woke up with a black eye!

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I didnt mention it earlier, but two of my pups (THE RUNT AND 2ND RUNT)
both had tail issues... the runts was hooked and therefore a little more of
a concern. The others was just shorter than everyone elses and there was
a very small rimple at the end that was probably unnoticable to many.
I just chalked it up to being VERY crowded in mom. Perhaps your
very beautiful Jett was a little crowded in mom's tummy!

and I would say that easily that could be a natural tail!

M~

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I do remember one of my Lab Mama's had 13 pups and by the time the last one was born she was very tired and when she pulled the pup around she bit her tail off :oops: part way so it looked as though we had dock it but Mama had docked it. It was one of those hard to believe stories but very true. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts