Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! My husband and I are considering buying a labradoodle or goldendoodle pup in the next six to eight months and were wondering if anyone knows of a reputable breeder in either Sweden (where we live) or elsewhere in Europe/ Nothern Europe. If you do, please tell me! I can't seem to find any!

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
I cant help with mainland Europe, but there are some UK breeders (dont know enough to reccomend who). Its a nice excuse for a weekend get-a-way to go pick up a puppy. I think you can fly with it as carry on with the proper carry case when its that small (at least you can in canada).

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Hello!
Welcome! I agree with Diane's recommended listings...you should find someone who can help there.
As I recall, someone from your area posted once before and really had a hard time finding a puppy...but I believe they finally did...maybe you could check the archives and type in a general search word and see what comes up.
Good luck....they are great dogs!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
HI...i just sent the owner of BOEF a message askign where they got their doodle as they live in europe as well

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you so much everyone for your help! I have found one breeder in Norway through the second link suggested. The first one has a detailed list of American and Australian breeders and a very tantalizing image of Europe in the top right hand corner, but I can't click on it :( I'll email the Norwegian breeder. I'm actually Canadian though and my mum lives in Canada, so it might be easier to just pick up a puppy next time we go overseas!

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
There are two Bad breeders in Guelph Ont Canada you should stay away from. PM me for the names...mtd

·
Registered
189 Posts
MerNor,

Hello, I'm Libby and I live in the Netherlands. There are 3 known breeders here, a number in Germany (although I don't know too much about these). I'm originally from the UK and know there are many breeders there but it's probably more difficult transporting a doodle from the UK than from other European countries.

A lot of the labradoodle owners here in NL got their dogs from abroad - Australia, Canada and America. You could try contacting the Dutch Labradoodle club (www.labradoodleclub.nl) to find out which overseas breeders people are familiar with. Jofi and Boef both came from Tegan in Australia. If you're looking for an Australian labradoodle, then Rutland do ship to Sweden.

MaxandMe, if you're talking about the Boef I know, he lives with his owners in the Netherlands and came from Tegan (like Jofi).

I know of one breeder in Scandinavia (in Denmark) and I think they are a good one - they have provided a dog to a reputable breeder I know in the Netherlands. It's a small family-based breeder - the puppies are brought up in the breeder's house with the family. They breed Australian labradoodles (i.e. multigen with sires/dams from Rutland Manor/Tegan Park lines). I don't know about F1 and F1B breeders in Scandinavia.

Link: http://www.scandinavialabradoodles.com/

I hope this helps. Feel free to mail me if you would like info about purchasing a dog from overseas, as that's what I've done with my dog - she's now 5.5 months.

Libby

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone for all your helpful info! We have decided to wait until the fall to look for a puppy. My mother's neighbours in Canada have had a small family Golden breeding program for many years and have had several doodle litters in the last three years, so we'll probably get one of their puppies and have it shipped over. If that doesn't work out I'll definitely avail myself of your contacts! Many thanks :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Scandinavia Labradoodles

Hi,
I am a breeder of Australian Labradoodles. Depending on the waiting lists I may have some puppies available in the next 6 - 8 months. I am flying to Sweden with some of them too. You can read about me and my program and see past puppies at www.scandinavialabradoodles.com. I can also help you with finding other reputable breeders in Holland and the US and Canada

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yay! I would definitely be interested in meeting you when you come to Sweden and I'll read about your breeding program then email you privately. Thanks so much for your response :)

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Getting a Puppy!

Hi Everyone!

I just wanted to thank you one more time for your help in finding a doodle breeder. I've been in touch with Kimberely from Denmark and am planning to get a puppy from a litter that she is having this summer! We'll be picking our puppy up at the end of July! Yay!

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
yahooo!!! Tell Kimberly hello for me, and I'm sure you will love her puppy.

By the way, do you have a program for tranlation? Or is your English just that good?

I had someone from Germany contact me and I will be looking for help if we go forward with shipping a puppy over there. :wink:

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Actually... I'm Canadain :) I moved to Sweden a year ago with my Swedish hubby. Most Swedes are quite fluent in English though :)

We are super excited about our puppy and are planning our summer around getting properly ready for him or her :) We can't wait!

Mer

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm sure I'll be posting millions of pics :p We are beside ourselves with excitement... I've had a dog all my life, but my husband didn't have a dog until he met me and adopted my dog, Gabby, when she was five, so this will be his first puppy!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts