Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have PUPPIES!!!

Deva delivered her first at the stroke of midnight last night, so all were born the same day.

My heartfelt thanks to Jac and Dixiedi, who volunteered to be on 24 hour call, and to Kim26, who was kind enough to assist in the wee hours delivery.

Right on schedule, we had delivered precisely the seven located on ultrasound, and waited another hour, just in case. I saw Kim to the door at about 4:30 AM, turned out the porch light, and returned to the great room... (This will come as a surprise to Kim!)

to find.... "Where did that long, wet umbilicus come from???" A New chocolate girl under the pig rail! By now down to a science, it took no time at all to pop the baby on the scale and return her to Deva, then a quick trip to wash my hands. I returned to ANOTHER new girl... now up to Nine Puppies!!!

I finally turned out the lights just before 7 AM, only to be roused by a little squealer, just in time to see ANOTHER two legs emerging!!! It looks like we've finished off with that chocolate boy, and have a nice round number of TEN pupppies, six chocolates and four of some tan variety yet to be clearly identified.

Deva is everything she was cracked up to be, we didn't have to do a thing. She turned the whole thing into sort of a non event, other than the normal fruit basket upset. -You're right Jac, all the best laid plans are straight out the window when things swing into action. - The ribbons that came in my whelping kit don't stay tied, so I'll have some work to do sorting out who's who, but there are worse things in life that puppy confusion. I could spend the next two months watching these little guys!!!

I'm hooked.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Realistically, Sue, pictures will be another ten days. My Internet connectin is Still so spotty that it has taken me the past hour and a half to read and respond to two emails and make this post. I'm on the phone getting satellite, but they can't install right away. I look forward to having Internet access once again, but it just isnt going to be immediate. Thanks for your patience until I can upload something! Meanwhile, I'll probably be AWOL again...have more important fish to fry in the whelping box right now! (Not that you guys aren't important, just can't afford this much time away from them for email.

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Deb
Totally understand as to your priorities right now.
Would not want it any other way. Sooooo Very happy
for you and that all went well :) Congrats again you lucky Lady :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
129 Posts
I can't wait 10 days to see your puppies!!! :oops: J/K...But I'm so happy for you and so glad it was so "uneventful." What a good friend too to come over in the wee hours and be with you. I met Tiffany at Cherry Valley and told her how anxious you were for the little things to arrive. Hopefully my turn will come soon--and as smoothly, as yours! Congrats to you both!! :p

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
OH (((( DEB))))))i am soooooo happy for you and DEVA!!!

congrats!!! i too want to see pics but totallyunderstand your problem and also you're busy.

wow!! 10 pups and some are chocolate---awesome!!!!! :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
853 Posts
Deb - I can't believe Deva had three more puppies after I left! WOW! I'm sorry I missed it. :( That is amazing that she had 10 puppies with only one A/I on one day! Deva's a regular "fertile Myrtle"! I am so glad I got to experience it with you. Deva's a beauty and the pups are so, so cute!

CONGRATULATIONS DEB AND DEVA!

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Congrats to you and Deva :) We will all be anxiously waiting pictures, your main concern now is Deva and her puppies. I'm so glad the one little guy finally started sucking, WHEW. At least you will have your internet before the puppies get their eyes open, hopefully. We'll keep our fingers crossed for you.

Ok Daissyj, it's your turn now. We'll be waiting on that call from you any day now :wink:

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Ditto here Kim :) I'm just glad there were no major issues and that Deva breezed thru like a champ :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts