Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is almost pre-summer in Austin -- spring has already kinda come and gone. I notice Chisos is panting more when we go on walks, which I take as a sign she is running a little hot. She is a multi-gen, almost 6 months old, with a fleece coat (which hasn't been trimmed except for her face, legs, and personals).

So, the question is, what kind of 'do does your doodle have for summer? Especially for those of you whose summers routinely include afternoons in the 90s or above?

She needs to go to the groomers pretty soon, so I've been thinking about what her summer look should be. Thanks, jb

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
I was thinking of getting a small kiddy pool for Cacao. Plus this friday is Cacao's hair cut. I am getting her cut really short.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
I have Peanut the cream one clipped down to 1 inch all over and around eyes hand trimmed.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
emilee said:
see http://labradoodle-dogs.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7641 -- a couple people have posted photos of summer doodle 'dos. anybody else have photos and want to share?

-em
I don't know how I missed that thread -- sorry for the double-post.

I really like the way Ursus looks. Most groomers and dog people I talk to in Austin think poodle mix means poodle. I'm sure my little girl doesn't mind being dolled up like a diva, but she's a tomboy at heart. :D

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Yes we went from wonderful, windows open, low humidity to yuck in one day. It's 90º F here and very humid. Cali is panting up a storm and doesn't want to stay out too long when normally she loves being outside. She's an F1 and I clip her down to about 3/4". She's still miserable and I have to make sure I walk her before the sun bears down. Time to get out the kiddy wading pool for cooling off.

Good luck with the grooming, try and stay cool in this TX heat and share pictures! :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts