Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to know how most of you Labradoolde owners get your dogs groomed for summer. I just went to a new place and the thing I like least is her face. They shaved around her eyes and straight down her nose. I'm sure she will look fine when it grows out..but, she was so cute before I took her in.

I would welcome comments and instruction you give your groomers.

Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
hey, Tina,
I've had lots of Doodle families "shave down" their puppies at or around 9mos. old - at some point the puppy coat can become gnarly, as the adult coat grows in. One teen commented that his doodle looked like a brown crocodile! :oops:

But after that stage there's no reason for a silly haircut!!
Take this link and print it out for your groomers...it seems like it is a help for you and the groomer to "speak the same language" in a way, ya know?
Try this:
http://idog.biz/QuickDownloads/Professi ... 20Inst.pdf

(HOWEVER: I have to say I don't care for the rounded clip on the top of the head of the black doodle in the "summer cut" section ... to each his own! :wink: )

·
Registered
9,241 Posts
Good link, Maureen...
Tina, it is so hard to find a groomer who knows about doods...let alone one who understands that not every dog needs a skin-shave! (Sort of like the hairdressers that I go to...I only want a trim, they end up cutting 5 inches off! Ugh!!)
So, taking explicit instructions and photographs is a good idea...and make sure that your groomer is experienced enough to know how to do different cuts.
But...take heart...it grows back! :wink:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.