Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to know how most of you Labradoolde owners get your dogs groomed for summer. I just went to a new place and the thing I like least is her face. They shaved around her eyes and straight down her nose. I'm sure she will look fine when it grows out..but, she was so cute before I took her in.

I would welcome comments and instruction you give your groomers.

Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
hey, Tina,
I've had lots of Doodle families "shave down" their puppies at or around 9mos. old - at some point the puppy coat can become gnarly, as the adult coat grows in. One teen commented that his doodle looked like a brown crocodile! :oops:

But after that stage there's no reason for a silly haircut!!
Take this link and print it out for your groomers...it seems like it is a help for you and the groomer to "speak the same language" in a way, ya know?
Try this:
http://idog.biz/QuickDownloads/Professi ... 20Inst.pdf

(HOWEVER: I have to say I don't care for the rounded clip on the top of the head of the black doodle in the "summer cut" section ... to each his own! :wink: )

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Good link, Maureen...
Tina, it is so hard to find a groomer who knows about doods...let alone one who understands that not every dog needs a skin-shave! (Sort of like the hairdressers that I go to...I only want a trim, they end up cutting 5 inches off! Ugh!!)
So, taking explicit instructions and photographs is a good idea...and make sure that your groomer is experienced enough to know how to do different cuts.
But...take heart...it grows back! :wink:

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Thanks for the link I'm taking Lucy in tomorrow (St Poodle) but my groomers have been seeing more and more doodles so this will help them and maybe the owners who bring them in.

You know we should just either print this and make copies or give this link to or buyers from now on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts