Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bogie is just over 5 months. Prior to this week, he didn't shed as much. I could wear a white T-shirt and have maybe one hair on it.....Now I'm covered! Roomba is sucking up far more hair too. :roll:
I think there was a thread on this somewhere before but I can't find it.
When do they get rid of their puppy coat.....normally? We're have balls of hair floating around like tumbleweed and now on the clothes.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Max, Peanut and Beau all started around 5.5mos old to start blowing puppy coat then a few weeks later it calms down then 2 weeks later picks up hhahahaa and so on. It's a vicious tumbleweed cycle

I found daily brushing can help, also doing a quick sweep and vacuum 2x a week.
Beau just hit 8mos old and i think he's either slowing down or going to stop blowing puppy coat now.

G

·
Maya started shedding at 5 mos and hasn't stopped yet. It isn't as bad as her lab friend but she does shed more than I would've liked but oh well just means more house work for me.

·
Registered
576 Posts
We just noticed the same thing with Sadie who just turned 5 months. I wasn't sure if it was her age, the season, or a combo!

·
Registered
235 Posts
If I could see through all the dog hair I would check to see if Samantha sheds. Wait....If I am looking through hair, I mean yeah Samantha sheds pretty heavy right now as well. At just over 4 months.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Oiver just hit 5 months today, and the tumbeweeds are blowing! Every time I close a door in the house I see another pound of hair hiding in the corner! I don't brush him near as much as I should. I guess I'll give that a shot!

·
Registered
560 Posts
Bailey is the same way. Didn't shed much of anything when I first got him. But around 6 months his hair started coming out like crazy. I too would be covered if I wore a white t-shirt. He is 7 months now and I wouldn't say it has slowed down much, if at all. How long does this blowing of the puppy coat (which I hope it is) last?

Also, Bailey's hair has gotten really whispy, dry looking and thin right down his back. Is this part of the blowing process too?

·
Registered
150 Posts
I've always had Goldens, what little bit Charlie is shedding at seven months seemslike nothing. You could always take up knitting.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts