Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Olive was spayed at the begining of November and ever since she's been peeing or tinkling when you pet her and she's getting attention. It's not the same as just needing to go it's more of an excitement thing.
Prior to being spayed she was doing this but it had become few and far between, she was doing really well with house training and she wasn't really doing the submissive peeing.
After she healed up from the operation it's been really bad every time you bend down to pet her or even just say her name or walk toward her.
It's not constant but pretty close.
Has anyone else encountered this problem before.
Also I don't think it's a bladder infection she holds it just fine for long periods.

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
I have a boy dog and he has never done this but from what I have read
from the other forum members is that it seems to happen more with girls and especially after being spayed.
The others with the experience should be able to say how long it lasts.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Abby is almost 11 months old and she is the queen of submissive piddling, but I have noticed she is getting much better with time. She only piddles with high excitement now and I tell anyone that greets her to be very calm. This seems to work most times, but sometimes she does her "happy piddle" :shock: After she was spayed I didn't notice an increase nor has she ever really piddled seeing me because I am with her all day (work from home) and when I do leave I am very calm when I arrive home. Try talking to her in a very, very calm voice and see if it helps. Also, if anyone comes into my home I tell them to completely ignore her until she settles, even if she is running around them and begging for attention :wink: My friends and family BEG me to pet her, but I won't let them until she is calm and this has been very helpful :) I hope this helps!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Cesar Milllan covered this topic recentlyin one of his episodes & I used to have a dog that would always do it when certain men gave her attention, it really was a submissive/attention thing. I think that Cesar said that the person petting has to keep more control & ignore untilt he dog calms down & then give calmer more controlled petting & attention. Hope this helps

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
I wish i could help but max and beau only did it for a short time,
I found that NO baby talk or high sweet voices with tons of attention greatly reduced it.

good luck! and keep us posted

1 - 5 of 5 Posts