Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this morning Cody asks to go out and I never deny right now because though he may be asking just to play, he may really have to go and I'd rather have to round him up to bring back in then to clean up a puddle (or worse) in the house. At the time he asked, I was busy in the kitchen. So I let him out without me or a kid to supervise (my DH has been doing this for a while and though I'm not entirely comfortable about this, I've done it once before). Anyhow, I'm in the kitchen when I hear a whimper from Cody. I go flying outside to see what's wrong. Cody had been enticed by the tall grass in our neighbors yard just on the other side of the fence. He'd managed to get his head through, but got stuck. :eek: Of course my DH isn't home today. My son couldn't find the hammer (I was going to use the claw end to pry away the plank) so I left DS with Cody to keep him calm, found a small crow bar. I had to pry off the entire plank to free him, but he remained calm the entire time. I was so proud of him. And he showered my DS and me with kisses once he was free. Nice to know he appreciates us. :)

Cody will no longer be let out in the yard without someone to supervise on my watch.

G

·
Om gosh, poor Cody!!! and poor you ....you must have been frantic! I'm so glad he is fine and isn't great when they look at you and 'say' Thank you with their eyes?!

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
and the thank you's with kisses are soooo sweet!!!

Glad to hear he is OK.....can't believe he was calm throughout the whole rescue ......I know how you feel about leaving a doodle unsupervised in the backyard.....I worry about what she will eat!!! Never thought about her getting stuck somewhere....

So glad all is well!!
8)

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
loooks like Jolly JONAH is scouting out a new digging spot gene :D

and i am soo happy to hear you were able to get Cody out safely!! and it does remind us how like kids in a moment's notice our doodles can get into trouble. And luckily it seems most of us doodle parents are around when it happens. It also reminds me why we shouldn't leave our doodles unattended for long outside. For me i can't leave them out since we don't have a fenced area yet and there is 4 open acres out of 6 along with a creek. The other day though Peanut got a pine cone stuck in her mouth hahahahaha we got it out and she was fine. Silly doodle :D

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Soooooo Happy that he is free.
Denver once got his front legs stuck in
our tree in the yard, and I was sitting right there when he did
it!!!! He was tossing a ball (instead of giving it back) and he flung it
into the tree. He then jumped up to get it and front paws and
chest got stuck in the v shaped branch. I jumped up and yelled for hubby because I knew i could not lift him up enough to clear and free himself.
Hubby got him up and out. So do not feel bad that you were not within
eyesight because I was and it still happened. The point is that we were
close enough to react in time to save our babies from themselves.
Baahahhahahahaaaaa!!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Talking about things getting stuck in the mouth. Early last week, Cody managed to get his mouth stuck on his kennel while he was in it. Luckily DH was home that night and helped unstick him (the kennel bar was stuck between his teeth I think). Last week Cody got a piece of a thin, short stick caught in between his teeth.

Maybe we should rename him "sticky" or "stucky" or something along those lines.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one with a stuck doodle! :)

Cody's not big on digging, but does enjoy dethatching our lawn (my DH says the help is welcome LOL).

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
in our house we all know Peanut always tries to hide something in her mouth just before coming in . Sooooooooo other day we come in and well Max is gulping water like a camel that is about to be rationed while Peanut bends down, hmm doesn't drink , bends down again doesn't drink hahaha i stand there confused and my 15yr old son bends down and takes out a pine cone that was stuck in peanut's mouth. Then she drank enough water for 3 camels.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts