Labradoodle Forums banner

Story about a Labradoodle Owner ... Me

3K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  lindamarie 
#1 ·
Ebbe had a bout of diareha last year that required a vet visit and some pills. Her Vet gave us more than enough pills and said they were nice to have on hand should tummy troubles come back. She's been given one every now and then since and they've worked great!

Last week there was the need for another dose and I realized there were only two left. It was late night, almost time for bed and I was going through my nightly ritual of fixing a Kong for the next day, getting a glass of water and setting my evening medications out.

I don't know what was going through my head, but the next thing I knew I threw a pill in my mouth and with a big drink of water ... swallowed.

:shock: It was Ebbe's pill! :shock:

I screamed, Ebbe barked and Marc was "What the....?!?" I didn't know whether to call the Vet or the Doctor! What I did do was phone the pharmacy, told them what I took and was assured that the medication was also used by people ... but not to be surprised if I was 'uncomfortable' :oops: for a few days. He also thanked me for providing the most amusing call of the evening. :roll:

Ebbe meanwhile was looking at me and wondering why I hadn't put peanut butter on it. :?

The pharmacist was right ... I was fine ... but geesh ... what a moron!
I'm surprised I'm allowed to use scissors and sharp knives.

See less See more
#3 ·
I'm glad it didn't make you sick! But that is totally funny!

My kids have special needs, so require a ton of meds...when the dogs need meds too I am always worried about getting distracted and mixing up the meds. We've had a lot of almost mix ups here but luckily haven't actually given the wrong med to anyone. (one child gets anti seizure meds so I'm freaked out that if we mess that one up whether human or canine - we are going to have a BIG problem on our hands)

#5 ·
hhahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa OMG that is too funny!!

hey let us know when your beard starts growing in, GENE can trim it for you :shock:

ps glad to hear things ended up well :wink: :D

#8 ·
IF I recall, doesn't Vanessa have a really good doodle pic of you BEFORE you shaved? 8)

#19 ·
sessa35 said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D
MARY At Least youShaved off your BEARD :wink: ---but you might want to use NAIR on the rest 8) :lol: or a #10 , or is #7 blade? Gene should be a good advisor on this one :shock:

G
#20 ·
I wouldn't take Gene's advise on which blade to use!!! Did you see poor Rumor?!! No wonder he makes his dad take him on a special potty trip!!! i would to if someone hacked (um I mean cut) my coat like that too!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.