Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. WE have a 2 year old male labradoodle. Have had him since 8 weeks . He is the most wonderful dog I've ever know. Kind, Gentle, Loving, and really really stinky! The insides and stomach area around his inner back legs are red. He has a black patch of skin in this area, also. He licks alot there and not sure if that is why he is red. All I know is he stinks. We can bathe him and 4 or 5 days later, he has this really bad smell again. Does anyone else out there have this problem,or, know what it might be? Any help would be good. Thanks, Jan

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Hi and welcome!

have you called your vet?

G

·
Have you had him for 2 years and this is new? Or has he been like this for a while?
What food is he on?
Often a yeast skin infection has a bad smell. Yeast overgrowth can occur with a food allergy (lke maybe a corn based food?)

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Eek! It sounds like some type of infection - maybe bacterial, yeast or fungus. I'm sure its uncomfortable for your doodle as well as stinky. Get him to the vet and get it checked!

Deb

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
I'd definitely go to the Vet, as others state, could be an infection, allergies causing skin issues etc. Might have to change foods and/or get him some meds

1 - 7 of 7 Posts