Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! We are planning to leave Lucas at a kennel for 1 week. This is the same place that he goes to for daycare. He will have daycare all day...8-5, with a nap, and then be in a kennel through the night. I like the place we take him, and most of the workers know Lucas and are very nice to him... but now that it's getting closer to leaving him in there... I am feeling very nervous about it??? How do your dogs do when they kennel?

·
Registered
576 Posts
A lot of places now have either a web cam that you can check-up on your dog with or at the very least, they welcome a phone call each day to see how your pet is doing.

I'd be leary of a place that didn't offer one or the other. I'm sure he'll do great!

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks guys! I guess I am just getting nervous about it. I don't want him to feel abandoned! We are permitted to call and they will bring the phone to him, so that he can hear our voices, but I think that may just confuse him, plus we will be out of the country!

But you guys are right, hopefully he will view it as his own little vacation!

Maybe if I ask nicely, some of the people who work there will give him extra kisses???

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
My opinion is to not have them bring the phone to him...I think it would confuse him :)

Dex and Kirby stayed at Camp Bow Wow for a week...they were clearly tired and a little out of it when we got them, but after a good family nap they were back to their normal selves. He'll be fine :)

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the reassurance... yeah, I totally agree with the phone thing... I don't think he would get it at all... okay... I am going to try not to worry about it then...

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
P.S. We called the boarding place 3-4 times when we were away to check in w/the staff to see how they were...we totally worried about them - I think it's only normal :wink:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts