Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just outside with Lani waiting for her to finish her buisness. While she was sniffing around the backyard I was enjoying the beautiful morning on our deck. Lani finally came up on the deck with wet feet and something hanging from her beard. She started to let me wipe off her feet but tried to cut and run when I got to her face. What I thought was in her beard was in hewr mouth. I pried open her mouth and as I grabbed what I thought was a small piece of tree branch I realized it was a BIRD FOOT!!!! Reflex caused be to fling it across the deck, I found it on the railing and sure enough it was a foot!!! I tried to swipe it into the area next to the deck where she can't go and it landed on my neighbor's truck!!! I now have to clean it off. It is all I can do not to throw up!!!! :(

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This story has given a few people a really hard laugh!!!! It is the kind of thing that sends shivers down your spine!!! Just gross!!! Video wouild be too GROSS!!!! My daughter just heard the story and said she thought the worm she ate was bad but this is just disgusting!

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
That is really funny because I thought of a friend of mine she went out to eat...and she thought she had a hair in her mouth full of food...she pulled it...it was the leg (followed by the body) of a cockroach!

The funniest part of your story is YOUR reaction! I laughed right out loud!

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
you two are funny how you are entertaining each other!
It's all really disgusting!
I have 4 dogs, and we've had Labs since 1989 so I confess your FINAL thought, was my FIRST THOUGHT: where's the rest of the bird??? :shock:

We have our big tubs of dogfood out in the (attached) garage so we see mice out there or signs of mice all the time. And since our 12yr old is in charge of feeding there is usually some kibble on the garage floor, of course. Well I've pulled a disgusting mouse from our Yankee's mouth more times than I want to count! yuck!

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Oh, no! I don't think I could do that...really, I don't.

One time, Lexie brought a bird into the house...she carried it very gently, went into the living room and gently put it on her doggie bed. Then she scooted backwards and watched it.

She didn't try to kill it...just watched it...it was pretty cute. The bird didn't think so, I'm sure.

Dave had to catch the bird (a lot less gracefully than Lexie, I must say) and release it back to the apple tree in the yard...hope it lived...I never saw it again, so I think it did.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
You guys are funny. I once had a Springer. One morning I woke up to hear my husband hollering "get it outta here" at the dog. I peeked over the comforter and there in the middle of my bedroom floor was what appeared to be a dead possum! As it turned out, it was only playing possum to discourage my dog!! That very incident repeated itself about seven times that summer! :roll:

Diane (and Dakota)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts