Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our new puppy (4 months) just went to visit her new doctor yesterday. We new she had some sort of issue because she had small red circles on her tummy and has been itchy. The vet thought she has either a staph infection or pimples...like a teenager.

Has anyone had this with their dogs...or heard of it?

Any insight would be appreciated!

G

·
Lot's of puppy's get it. Not a big deal. The stress of just being a new puppy combined with an immature immune system and the fact that when she pees she is very close to the ground and gets splashed all contribute.
Bella had it. Best advice from my vet was to wash her belly daily (I did it in the sink with the sprayer) with Dial soap and rinse well. I also would wipe her belly off every time she came in from outside or peed. Just warm water or a baby wipe.
We all (humans and puppies) have staph on our skin, but when our system is out of balance, then the bumps appear.
Congratulations!

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
if it s a staph. infection the vet should recommend a anti-biotic..

but, dog s on occasion get some kind of skin irritation..in those
time s ill make a baking soda soup and pour it over the irritated area
or entire body if i feel it neccesary..under their fur there could be
unseen irritations as well..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
KingstonTodd said:
Bindi, your puppy looks like my Hershey. Where did you get her?
we got her from a breeder in Cayuga, Ont. I was noticing your avatar and thinking that they looked similar!

The vet did recommend an antibiotic and she's been doing really well. less itchy and the spots are disappearing. I'll start cleaning her up more thoroughly when we come inside. she always gets a good toweling because she picks up so much in her coat!

thanks everyone, i feel much more relieved now!!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Rosie had this just before her spay appt. It went away afterwards because I'd the stuff hey use to clean her belly before surgery. I did some reading and if it comes back I'd use tea tree oil mixed with olive oil.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts