Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am writing this post as encouragement for all the newbies out there. As Tanner is now a year old we have gone through many stages.

There was the.......everytime he got in the car he threw up stage.....that has passed and he is fine riding in the car.

....the I want to grab what every you have stage....boots, gloves, hats, socks, anything we tried to put on he would grab usually leaving a few tooth holes in.

...the grab the pant leg, shirtsheeve, poop bag stage.....

......counter surfing stage, chase the cat stage, bark at nothing stage and so on.....

Finally, I have realized that what ever the current misbehavior, it is probably only a stage and in a few months I will look back and miss some of this crazy behavior.

So hang in there, with consistant reminders, doodles aren't perfect but darn close :D :D

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Annie ... thank you for reminding me that I will miss some of the silliness Ebbe provides everyday. With the exception of snacking on eyeglasses, most of it is just funny.

She was calmly on the bedroom floor this morning eating potato chips that DH had not put away sufficiently last night! The sound of crunching woke me up! :roll:

I know I didn't appreciate the tiny puppy days enough! And the day will come when I can work the newspaper's crossword puzzle and it won't be stolen out of my grasp! Bittersweet ... :?

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
the I want to grab what every you have stage....boots, gloves, hats, socks,
hehe...we're still waiting a bit for this stage to end...haha...Dex especially loves flip flops. Luckily Kirby is an angel in that regard and doesn't steal anything.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Thanks for the encouragement! Chloe is currently in the table surfing (I only say table because she is not yet tall enough for the counter :) ) and the barking at nothing stage.

I am currently in the process of working out a big move to Nashville to be closer to my family. I am nervous but at the same time so excited because I will finally have a house and it will have a yard for my sweet babies! Since I am single, my parents are being very helpful in finding me a safe neighborhood. I told them with my 2 dogs, someone would be a fool to try to get me, although I feel that Chloe would just lick them to death, hehe!

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
And when you are sitting in a heap on the floor
crying like you never cried before because a little
puppy is testing your willpower big time,
come back and read this thread for the strength to carry on.

IT DOES GET BETTER
Bahahahhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
O Ebbie were the chips yummy?????

We had a lab, Brandy, who loved Bread - if she saw a loaf on the counter, she felt it belonged to her so we always put it on top of fridge when we went out. One day hubby was watching TV, he heard Brandy come in room but didnt look up - he heard something, looked over and she is laying there tearing open a loaf of bread :shock: guess she was gonna share it with Daddy.

Out of all our dogs, she was the worse scrounger. Went out one day and put a bag of fresh picked tomatos on window sill (over kitchen sink), we got home, got the bread an mayo out, told DH to grab the maters. He asks where are they, I say on window sill, he say NO they arent, well we start lookin around and there are bits of brown paper bag everywhere, NO sign of the 6 tomatos that were in the bag, just one big loveable yellow lab looking at me like "what's for dinner, I'm hungry".
Brandy was our Houdini, she could get stuff anywhere, when she was 10 weeks old, she was able to scale the kitchen counter and grab a box of dunkin donuts, there was no yours or mine in the house with Brandy, it was all HERS :lol:

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Sue ... You said it perfectly!

Mary ...great story about Brandy the Scrounger!

Marc just left for business related preseason Bengal's game. He really didn't want to go ... but, well you know...

Ebbe and I gave him kisses and he closed the door. She immediately went to where he had been sitting and systematically tore up the various newspaper ads by his chair.

You can't tell me they don't know how to communicate!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
OK for all of YOU that MISS those stages........you can borrow Mizz Demon Princess Peanut anytime y'all want.

she can shred a sock in seconds happily bringing it to you when she's done to show off her good work.

your new comforter during the night becomes a NOW new patch work quilt after she chews 8in holes in it.

wool throw rugs? well after a few more holes they will be thrown out.

she just hit 9mos and for some reason acts like she's 4mos old

NOW MAX 14mos is another story...he has many haloes on his head and for some reason won't share any with peanut. :wink:

so any takers out there????
:D

·
Registered
126 Posts
Someday when Tucker quits stealing ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING out of bedroom I will miss it. He sleeps in there and never bothers anything at night, but our computer is beside the bedroom door and if the door is open he does my favorite---With dads pj bottoms in his mouth, slowly peeks out he door, slowly take a few steps THEN IT IS WIDE OPEN, DOODLE SPRINTIN' HAULIN #[email protected]^ to the living room , eyes sparklin, and that come and get me look. I love it. When your doodles get outside do they ever run and they kinda drop their butts as they run? Tucker does this and it cracks us up.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Hmmmm.

Let's see. Things Coco has stolen....secretly and right before our eyes!!
1. 4 raw hamburgers about to go on the grill
2. 2 cooked chicken breasts about to go on the table.
3. numerous pieces of bread....1/2 a loaf once
4. 1 slice of jalapena pepper, she'll never do that again!
5. 2 tacos off a paper plate, the plate was next.
6. hundreds of paper towels, not actually ingested, just torn to shreds
7. my glasses, twice
8. Philip's glasses
9. FLIP FLOPS GALORE
10. many ice cubes fished out of my glass...still doesn't spill a drop, or
even tip the glass....
11. Has been known to drink whatever is in a Solo plastic cup and gets
the cup stuck on her nose!!
12. and don't forget the 91 Tums and the chocolate granola bar!!

The Doodle 500 is a given when into something she shouldn't have...she knows she is in trouble, but doesn't really care.

Annmarie, I totally relate to the regression to about 4 months old....at almost 9 months old....we are going back to old things....ripped the bottom of my robe the other morning, the hem is in shreds!!
8) :lol: 8) :lol:
:? :? :? :? :? :?

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'm currently awaiting the end to the 'grab anything that I probably shouldn't have and run with it' stage. I get so tired of chasing Cody around the house.

My son has gotten pretty good at tackling Cody so that I can pry his jaws open and retrieve whatever it is he stole. Some nights I feel we're a comedy act - both trying to corral Cody enough that we can grab him. Other nights I feel like Cody was a bull in a former life and my son was a bullfighter with the dance they go through before we catch Cody.

Tonight it was the telephone service flags that were put in our yard by the digging marking service (we're finally getting our front fence put in but they marked the WHOLE yard). Round and round Cody ran as ds played bullfighter trying to get Cody so I could get the flag.

I think Cody ingested part of the plastic flag (like a small piece).

Last week a red crayon was digested without any of us aware until it came out the other end.

Gotta love them!

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Ha!! I know that dance!! One person goes one way
and the other goes the other way....and Coco gets trapped....
only then will she drop "it,"...sometimes!
Prying things out of her mouth happens daily.....several times a day.
Yeah, I love her tons, but man, she can wear me out!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Jane ...bring Coco here as we have a open floor plan that is like 3 circles subsetting or ask LESLIE hahahhahaa

we almost sound like a sports team here planning our "catch that doodle now" strategy using 2 to 3 of us hahhahaha

we found out Peanut and DEXTER like HOT SAUCE :shock:
Max loves pork tenderloin eating about 1/2lb in 5 seconds.
Max knows how to open apizza box eat 2 slices and close the box the way it was in 8 seconds
Peanut stands there waiting for you to open her mouth and FIND the prize all slimy like a big fat MOLE

I love the "MAX i said drop it and I really MEAN IT" and he looks so sad then hahhahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa
other times Max drops it....drops it right at Peanut's feet , she picks it up and she's off. Relay race time! hahhhaaa

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thanks for the morning laugh, guys...this topic is really funny! I guess we can all relate to the shenanigans that these crazy dogs pull :D !

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
When your doodles get outside do they ever run and they kinda drop their butts as they run? Tucker does this and it cracks us up.
With tails tucked in????????????
Denver does this all the time when he runs

·
Registered
126 Posts
Yea the tucked tail, that's a good explaination.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts