Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering, how are everyone's puppies doing?
Linda, have your multigen puppies left their mom for their new homes yet? How has it been for you with placing those puppies?

Jac? Your babies must be rounding the corner towards weaning, as our Yankee's puppies are...today's a sunny day so I think I need to get serious about more pictures.

I'll start...our 5-wk old puppies are really enjoying our backyard and an old doghouse that a neighbor gave us. If they're quiet they are probably snoozing in there! :) They are still as beefy as ever, altho they seem to only nibble on Yankee's milk and on the mushed-up puppy food. But oooh, their coats are SO silky! I need to tell the stud's owner that I really like how his puppies turn out.

Sheba's (almost 3-wk old) puppies are such a hoot! Since several needed a bottle initially, they still think that every time we pick them up there's something yummy coming! :D

Lee Ann? Diane? how are your puppies, friends?

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Hi Maureen, my puppies just turned 7 wks old yesterday so they will be leaving me next Friday, boohoo :cry: They are so darn cute and I could just sit and watch them play all day. They really are enjoying their ride around our property in the Mule and going down to the pond but it's been so rainy this past week that they haven't been able to get out much. Maggie's puppies are due next week so, one litter gone and a new one to keep me entertained :D Gotta love it :wink:

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Well, mine are 6 weeks old today all spoken for I hope. They are cute as they can be I have them weaned they are all eating dry kibble. they went for Vet checks on Friday and all checked out in good Health. It's been raining here a lot which we needed but keeps me from getting them outside like I would like.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Hey guys! Sounds like all the babies are doing very well...and that all of the human mothers are enjoying the heck out of them!
We are no exception. I just had my 10 little ones outside on the deck to enjoy the sunshine and they had a ball! I took really cute video stream photos...but I don't think I can post them anywhere...wish I could...they are so danged cute! (I'm going to try!)
We have some pups available, and, as you know, we spay/neuter before they leave home...so that will be scheduled at their 8 week point.
They all have great coats...very shiny and curly...cuties!
We've been doing the deworming and I got my vet to start the early Parvo shots...I am glad that they have had the first one.
Isn't it cute how their personalities are developing? I am so attached to them...I know that I will have another tough time letting them go...
We have one being accepted into the Guide Dogs of America program and we are very happy about that!
I don't know how you do it, Maureen, with the litters so close in age...when you said they were weaning...I thought about the video stream from this afternoon...where Mama Bayley joined us outside and the pups followed her all over the place, latching on as they could...and Bay would try to walk away, her teats stretching about 9 inches and puppies attatched with all the suction they could muster! hahaha!!
The pups are eating the weaning diet and I added some puppy food today. Gosh they are cute!

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
What a visual Jac :lol: :lol: I can just see momma dragging all the puppies along while they desperately try hanging on, how cute indeed :)

It's neat we all have puppies about the same age and are going thru the same things. Jac, I have a question, what is the weaning diet? I've been a breeder for going on 9 years and I've never heard of that :oops: I always just put the puppy food thru a food processor and add warm water to it and make a mush out of it but if there is some better way of doing it, I'm all for it. It's so nice that we have forums like this so we can all learn from each other. I know I have learned so much from all my breeder friends and I love how everyone is so willing to help the other. It's a great place to be :wink:

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh Jac! Not only can I picture Bayley dragging puppies I can SEE it with Yankee! It cracks us right up watching the puppies latch on and almost dragging behind her!

Congratulations, Linda on placing all your multigen puppies! Hope that happens every time!

Gee, Di, if I've figured it right, about the time Maggie's puppies are ready to go to their new homes you could be seeing Coco delivering her batch of babies, right? Non-stop doodles!

Linda do you have any other summer doodle babies coming?

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I just want to add to this thread that I will be bringing home Archie in 2 more weeks, YEAH. He is my ALF5pp out of Linda's Lucy and Dixie's Mudgee. You can bet I will be posting pics as soon as I get him. He's so adorable I can't hardly stand not having him with me now, 2 wks. can't get here soon enough :)

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
I am simply fascinated with the program that Linda and Di are involved in...how very nice to be sharing this whole experience with a dear friend...and then to be able to love the puppies forever! Wow...so cool.

Maureen...not ALMOST dragging...Bayley DOES drag them! All over the place...these guys are really hangers on! :lol: And Bayley gets the funniest stance and tries to walk, lifting one hind leg up and over a few pups then the other hind leg...and the pups hanging and dragging along...it is really so funny!

Diane, the weaning diet is fabulous! I buy it all ready to add warm water and feed...it is Eukanuba (sp?) brand and my vet sells it and so do some of the farm supply stores. My puppies eat it and it starts out sort of thin and watery, but after a minute or two, thickens up to be like canned food texture...then as they get older, I add the regular puppy kibble to it too. I start my pups on it when they are about 3 weeks old (making it really thin), and it supplements the mama's milk. They don't need teeth to eat it because it is soft...it so much easier than grinding your own! It helps them to sleep longer because they get full tummies!

As far as I know, no other brand makes the weaning diet...that's a shame because it is something that I buy a lot of.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Thanks Jac, I'll have to look into that further and ask my vet about it. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts