Labradoodle Forums banner

Spring is here !

2K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  MaxandMe 
#1 ·
Spring has started to arrive in Michigan. I know that because the Robins are back, the flowers are starting to push up thru the ground, I have muddy doodle prints all over the house, the floors are all gritty, there is "doodle dust" everywhere, doodle beards are filthy all the time--I never feel like my house is clean. This morning--someone--I suspect Louie--drank out of the toilet--the toilet water is muddy, and the seat is filthy !! Oh Glorious Spring !!! Anyone else having this much fun !!! Kathy, Lizzie and Louie

#2 ·
Ooohhhh, I love Spring! At my house the wisteria is blooming, the flowering trees are blooming and the orioles came back on Saturday. (They drink from my hummingbird feeder) This morning I saw the mama bluebird taking some nesting material into the bluebird house while Daddy watched from the lilac branch. YAY!

#3 ·
In ohio, looks like our spring is going to start soon. We had snow this morning, but the daffodils an tulips are rearing there little heads out of the ground. Also the irises> Mud will be back again. I agree with you on the never clean, mega doggy dust. I have to wipe my tv screen off twice a day! Dust,dust,dust!! :shock:

#6 ·
Connecticut had waayyy too much snow from this past weekend! And another inch due tonite :( Otherwise we'd be forcing the Forsythia bush clippings, and would have a beautiful yellow bouquet inside! There are Robins all over the place, and I have no idea what they're eating....also the other birdies are filling up the houses around the picket fence...CAN"T WAIT!!!!! :D

Kathie, Raleigh & Molly :D :twisted: :?

#12 ·
thanks KIM...you just reminded me i have to PRUNE my wisteria this week :shock: i almost forgot

OH KIM and others wisteria is poisonous to dogs ...just a word of caution

we still have snow but my snowdrops are blooming all over now :shock: nothing else yet as it's way to early here for spring.

BUT the birds are singing, the geese honking and ducks quacking.

#14 ·
kim26 said:
Clippart - your daughter is probably right! It's only a matter of time.....he-he!

Annmarie, I do know that Wisteria is poisonous. I was a little worried that Doc's drooling was caused by chewing on the wisteria. I suppose that is still a possibility. :?
Mine i trained to be a Tree and i am thinking of fencing it off

#15 ·
Yep, I can relate...times 5!
Make that more...I have puppies who love to dig in their water dish (in my dining room, mind you) and when I tell her "no, baby, we don't do that..." she sits right in the middle of it and looks at me with the most innocent eyes!
Dust...I am ready to plant potatoes in the dirt on top of my piano! (Do you know what a dust covered printer sounds like when it is trying to print out pages? eeeeeekkkk sqqquirrssshhhhhhh awwwkkkkkk!)
But, this is not a spring thing...we have it year round with our wet winters (we get rain, not snow...and we have no lawn!)
Oh, by the way, I spotted the biggest spider I have seen in a long time...could'a put a saddle on that sucker! :shock:

#16 ·
Chesterpal said:
I noticed a few of the bulbs I planted in the fall were in the front yard...not where I put them but where Archie decided they should be after he dug them up. One day I see sproutings of green...hard to say if he'll ever let them become blooms.
just an FYI for people who might not know this -- some flower bulbs can be poisonous for dogs.

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/hazards.htm

-em

#17 ·
Jac, my mom's house keeping tip was...."if you don't move it, you don't have to dust." :lol: No, if I lived by that, with the amount of dust, my things would disappear and I would have to excavate instead of dust!!

Of course, this was before the doodles and the lack of carpet! I never realized how much dust the carpets captured!! :shock:

#18 ·
I am hoping for a short spring and early long summer!!!
that way LESS MUD and more play time in regular dirt and weedy grass.

I also want to train Max and Peanut to ride in my 5 seater paddleboat. I figure it has a cooler i can fill with ice and water for them. Put on a 30ft lead on both of them in case they jump in the creek while training them to SIT in the boat hahahaha
my boys want to train them to swim holding onto the leashes so max and peanut can paddle the boat for us hahahahaaa
( DON"T worry we're joking!!)

Thoughi must say i wonder if my tulips will last long with max and peanut hmmmmmmmm and i can see them playing around the 6 to9ft tall grasses hahahhaaa

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.