Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all :D

With Yoshi's food, I feed him chicken with rice and grated carrot - is chopped spinach fine for him?? What other vegies are good to put in?? (I know onions are a no no!)

·
Registered
146 Posts
We also add grated carrot to Henry's food. I often add chopped green beans as well. I chop them up small because Henry just inhales his food.

I've seen lots of recipes for dogs that have spinach in it so I'm sure it's fine. I have heard to chop it up small though.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Spinach is GREAT for your dog. It has tons of nutrients he might not get otherwise. :)

I wanted to make a comment about garlic. I understand that it is toxic in large quantities but it is used holistically to prevent fleas and as an antioxidant. As with many things, a small amount is good, a large amount is a problem.

Deb

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
that is a great link, Mary - thanks for the info!!

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
We've started Bogie on the things my Springer LOVED. In fact, my Springer turned his nose up on any dog treats! He just wanted.....

-zucchini slices ( I had bags of these sliced and ready to go)
-asparagus (When we had asparagus, I'd cut off the ends and saved for him.........)
-broccoli
-green beans
AND
Last night the trainer said BANANA'S

Bogie LOVES all these too! :wink:

·
Registered
235 Posts
I always thought it was better to keep pets on a strict no human food diet. How wrong am I, or am I right?

·
Registered
148 Posts
I think the "no human food" thing is to avoid junk and additives like salt and sugar. All stuff that humans don't need anyway!

I add grated carrots, spinach and zuccini to Rosie's food. Every couple of days I will also use a little less dry food and and in some egg, cheese or yogurt. She loves those days and looks at me after her meal with that "Yum! Is there anymore, Mom" face. :D

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Denver has always been fed "human food " along with his
Canidae.
He gets chicken/rice/oatmeal/green beans mixed with Lean cuts canned dog food. He is never fed from the table and he goes to his "spot"
when we are eating.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts