Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you keep a" doodle down" after being spayed :eek: Brenna is 8 months old and the 1st 2 days after being spayed she was happy to just do nothing but lay at our feet. The vet said to just take her out to do her thing and no play. She is going nuts in the house!! I take her out and sit with her so that she can at least smell all the out-door things that I know she misses. I can't keep her from jumping up to the counters and the gate that separates her from the front door. I am just wondering how dilagent should I be????!

·
Registered
127 Posts
I would be pretty dilagent. I had the same problem with Ginny. After a couple of days she was going crazy and we let her run a bit outside.

Her stiches came loose and she ended up with an infection. We had to spend the next week cleaning the incision with peroxide twice daily and giving her anti-biotics.

Sorry no advice on how to keep a doodle calmed-down. If you're using a crate, perhaps a bit more crate time than normal.

Best of luck.

Andrea

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Denver was neutered two weeks ago this coming Monday.
I have had a heck of a time to keep him from the normal Doodle Zoomies(running around and around at top speed ) LOL His stitches are the absorbing kind so maybe that makes them less likely to open up, also my understanding is that neuter is much easier than spay. Just watch your baby and do your best,that is all you can do:)

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
The main thing is not letting her jump for a few days, after that, just keep an eye on the insicion (sp?) and make sure it doesn't get red and the stitches haven't busted loose. I'm sure she will be fine.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
If she is a jumper, maybe try that "no jump" training thing that looks like a halter that goes over back and front legs? Short of crating, I can't think of a thing...it is tough.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts