Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO - the million dollar question in our house is WHEN CAN WE TAKE SHAIA TO THE PARK AGAIN???? she was spayed on weds and is doing great, back to her antics, incision looks great, but the poor girl is not sure what to do with the excess energy that is normally burned off with a morning park romp and a 4 mile walk in the evenings. the vet says 7-10 days but i even wonder if that's a bit early? how long did you guys wait to take your girls out to play with other dogs and do doodle 500s? we're doing walks around the block as many times a day as i can manage since we don't have a yard.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Sadie only had to restrict behavior for 2-3 days. Let the doodle go to the park! Just not for as long maybe? She knows when she's had enough.

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Do you have to take her to the vet to get stitches out? I would wait until then. If not, 7-10 days sounds more than reasonable to me. Dex and Kirby were wrestling 4 days post Kirby's neuter, but we didn't bring him to a public park for play for about 10 days.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
she has dissolvable stitches so we don't need to take her back. they're on the inside so all you see is the incision. i think i'll start restrictive park runs and not let her play w other dogs just yet - they can get rough! i just want to let her off leash already!

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Denver has dissolving stitches and we walked him but the leash
did not come off untill after the tenth day then it was back
to fetching and romping with other dogs

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I would keep her activity low level for a couple of weeks. My doc said that even though the external stitches looked good there was still alot of muscle healing going on inside. So use your own judgment. A good walk sounds good but running full out and jumping may be too much for her.

Deb

1 - 8 of 8 Posts