Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Had my dog Charley neutered on Monday. Seems really sore tonight. Hard time sitting still and crying alot. Very "antsy", can't stay still for long and kind of seems crazy in his movements (quick jerky movements, as though really iritated). Anyone else experience this, and if so, did you do anything to help releive his pain? Hope someone can help...we've had no sleep for 2 nights and I think there will be very little tonight!

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I would call the vet right away. I have never had that problem, but my first thought is possible infection. Dogs talk to us and your puppy is certainly trying to say something. Keep us posted on how he is :)

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
I agree, call your vet ASAP.

Most dogs are not that uncomfortable with a neuter operation. I suspect some possible infection or other complication.

Please let us know what you find out...

·
Registered
294 Posts
Otto was neutered last Monday and we have not had any problems, the vet used disposable stiches he had his check up on Friday and is fine no problem. I would be getting that checked at the vets, their must be a problem. where was he cut?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Talked to the vet today, and he said that some dogs just don't tolerate either pain, itching, stiches, well. I told him that the stiches seemed fine and I really think he is so uncomfortable because of the itching from being shaved. He's on valium to calm him down enough so he leaves it alone for awhile so the incision will heal. That has helped alot. Charley slept most of the day....he really needed it. He was us all night last night again. I'm going to keep an eye on him and will probably take him in tomorrow just as a precaution. Thanks to everyone.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
I am glad that you discussed it with your vet...and that you are keeping him calm. I agree that the shaving can be a problem for poor Charley...yet I think it is a good idea to get him checked too...you are doing everything right! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts