Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
at 5 months old (exactly) he is now 19 1/2 inches tall! His sire is 21" and mama is 19". We picked up Tucker for the first time in 2 weeks (busy busy busy we've been) and I was SHOCKED to see 17" Tucker looks so small now!

I have to take Sandy in to get weighed, but I'm guessing he is only around 22-23lbs. He's very boney again and I think we are at the point of leaving food out for him all the time...

Pictures to come later when I get home!

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
That is about what Tanner weighed at 5-6 months. Now at 11 months he is 25" tall and 54 lbs...Certainly not heavy but he is not interested in food...we leave his kibble out and he usually doesn't eat it until 9 PM. He is just to busy giving love :lol: :lol:

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
I laugh when someone says they can leave food out for their doodle and he/she isn't that interested. All i have to say is "Dexter - do you want dinner" and he stops anything he is doing and follows me to the basement as I fill his bowl. I then make him sit and wait until I tell him it's ok. During this time he will literally drool. Then I say "ok - go eat" and he devours it. He'll finish in 5 min or less. I can't imagine if we left him food all the time...haha

p.s. We do feed him what the bag suggests.

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Right now he's on Dick Van Patten Duck and Potato but before that he would wolf down his Canadae too. He just loves to eat.

His only treats now are carrots because we're on a food trial for allergies, but he still ate his food really well (and fast) when he was getting other (normal) treats.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Kristen....peanut at 7 mos old is only 21.5 in high and 40lbs. Her mom is only 22 inches high and her dad is a really tall std poodle. Max is only 26in high and 67lbs at 12mos old.

max is still lean but peanut being a godendoodle has a broader frame, shaggy to wavy hair and looks like a little porker hahhahahaa!!! and she comsumes food within sight ( aka porky pig).

If i add a bit of pineapple or sweet potatoe they inhale their Canidae.
Max still WOOFS when eating if these treats are in his food.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
My guess....24.5 inches. I thought Linda was right on the money, but I didn't want to 'copy' her guess.... :lol:

I still have to measure your nephew Dexter - he's always more interested in the tape measure so it's tough getting an accurate measurement... :roll:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Linda said:
I'm not seeing any guesses :lol: :lol: So here goes:
Sandy will be 25 inches.
:lol:
LINDA we were all being polite and WAITINg for your official caluclations :D :wink:

quick question KRISTEN...how much did Sandy weigh at 4mos? and how tall then?

my Unoficial guess: 22.5 in tall and 50-55lbs without knowing prior weight

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sandy was 18lbs and 18" just under a month ago - but he was VERY underweight (unusually so - I know doodles are known to be lean and a little boney, but not this boney!) and after adding another cup of food per day to his diet he went up to 21.8 at 4 1/2 months - which is only 1lb under where the vet wanted him to be.

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
well i'm not very good w/heights, but with sandy's weight i bet he won't be a very large adult. i bet his height will be 21-22 inches and his adult weight will be 45-50 lbs.

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Jonah is a food woofer....I know, what a surprise......Miko on the other hand I think would rather be a free feeder, but unless she was in her kennel all the time..can't happen. She's eating less than before, but put on 6#(10# according to Annmarie), so I'm not concerned.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
gene said:
Jonah is a food woofer....I know, what a surprise......Miko on the other hand I think would rather be a free feeder, but unless she was in her kennel all the time..can't happen. She's eating less than before, but put on 6#(10# according to Annmarie), so I'm not concerned.
Gene the OTHER 4lbs was was you put on? :shock:

Kristen how much does Sandy eat a day? i too had to ante up Peanut's food intake back in march to april...she was so skinny and now she's plumbed out beautifully. :wink:

Sounds like Sandy will be more a small to medium standard.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Dexter is a food picker. He never eats immediately after I put his bowl down. And this morning he still hasn't eaten breakfast yet. He'll do so in his own good time. It's the water dish that gets him all excited! (and I give him fresh water a lot - he's getting enough, so it's not that he's parched and sees the water like an oasis in the desert... :wink: )

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Does Dexter ever pick up the water bowl and run with it...that was Tanner's first trick...water everywhere :twisted: :twisted:

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Nope, he hasn't done that yet! How funny that is............ :D

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Annmarie - Sandy eats 2c per day - 1 1/2 kibble and a half cup of your "recipe" (Thanks for that, btw!) So it's not that he isn't eating - he eats what would typically be considered more than enough for his size - The vet ran all kinds of tests and we have pretty much determined that he has a fast metabolism (Which is exactly what Diane said... without all the fancy tests!). We are a little over active with him considering he is still only 5 months old, so that might contribute to him burning off all his calories so quickly.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
annieG said:
Does Dexter ever pick up the water bowl and run with it...that was Tanner's first trick...water everywhere :twisted: :twisted:
Sandy hasn't tried this either - I'm not even sure he realizes the bowls come out...

This is the set we use...

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
annieG said:
That was one of Cinnamon's tricks, too. We went with one of the bowl combinations type things so she couldn't get the bowls out of the holder. Worked well until it rusted, but now she's grown out of that...whew!

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Denver can have a bowl of food out all day
and will not touch it til 8 or 9 pm.
He is like Dexter about water though
he likes it fresh and keep it coming please.
Bahahahhahahaahaa!!!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts